Sport1 International Legal Streaming

Discussion in 'Israel' started by daniloni, Jan 4, 2018.

1. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By chance, while googling something else, I discovered that Sport1 has put all Israeli Premier League games, as well as select Liga Leumit games, and Israeli State Cup games on a streaming subscription service available to anyone outside of Israel. It’s called Sport1 International and there are iOS and Android apps as well as an appletv app (not clear what other connected devices there is an app for) as well as over the web. Unfortunately, it costs an exorbitant $28 per month. By comparison Fanatiz which has the argentine and Chilean leagues is $10 per month, poipes which has Uruguayan and Ecuadorian leagues is also $10 per month, and laola1.tv which has several Central/Eastern European leagues as well as select champions league and Europa league qualifiers over the summer is even less than that.

Given the price, I haven’t signed up, but thought I should share if anyone didn’t know and is interested.

EvanJ repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I root for Israeli clubs in UEFA competitions, but I don't have a favorite one, and even if I did I wouldn't play that much. Is the website available in several languages? If it was free I might watch the State Cup Final or some of the playoff games.

3. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now Maccabi Tel Aviv is advertising a "Team Pass" sort of thing for €17 per month, which is still very steep. Claims to show "all" their games (not clear if that includes road Europa League qualifiers if they qualify to that stage... and certainly cannot mean actual Europa League games if they make it that far, since B/R Live would presumably have exclusive US rights). I take it to mean Israeli Premier League games and Toto/State Cups... still quite steep a price. I imagine other teams probably are offering the same. It was advertised in English on the maccabi tel aviv facebook page. I'm not interested at that price, but just posting in case anyone was interested.