Spoilers in yanks-abroad.com e-mail blasts (possible R for Fulham-United)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Casper, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Didn't have time to watch the Fulham - United match last night, and was going to watch it this mornings. But, I was greeted by a lovely little spoiler in my e-mail inbox this morning with the score. I haven't thought through all of the issues on this - for instance, a headline that indicates something about the game is more likely to get the e-mail opened and the link clicked. This morning's highly compelling headline "Fulham X - X Manchester United" (scores excised) wasn't really in that category, but could have been. However, I know many (all?) of the yanks-abroad team reads here, and here's my suggestion: How about no spoilers in the e-mail subject line for games that are shown on FSW, or will be? Might be a nice thing to do for what I imagine is your primarily US-based subscriber base. And I don't really want to unsubscribe, but I will.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Maybe you wanna e-mail the Yanks-Abroad people instead of posting that here, you might get a better response.

3. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    It could also be used as a warning to others that might have the same expierence before they check there email.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I know. We people in Cow-town who are fans of the Village People are just hopeless.

God save our souls.