Spirit vs. KC

Discussion in 'Washington Spirit' started by EbaJones, May 12, 2014.

1. EbaJones

EbaJones Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    FFC Frankfurt
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! While the Canadian and US NT players were gone did this team regress? Poor effort last night despite the close score. CPT Krieger time to kick some butts into high gear.

2. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Poor effort is an understatement!
    This team can't possess, connect passes, connect on throw-ins, get to the final third, can't defend the 18, can't SCORE and now can't move!
    I'm not sure if the Spirit ran sprints before the game but they sure looked like they were physically and mentally tired. Maybe they had to walk to Kansas City! Something was missing, EFFORT!
    As the commercial on T V go "They didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn"
    Both goals were turnovers at midfield! And the defense didn't react quick enough!
    Game over move on!

It's still early Coach, I suggest you find the 10 best possession players who hate to lose! You know the ones who take it serious and are upset as hell at these rediculous results!
    If it doesn't get any better then jobs and profit will be lost!

3. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    As soon as you guys ditch Toni Pressley all your problems will be solved. I'm not one for hyperbole but how that girl have made it as a soccer player at this level is beyond me. She is quite possibly the worst player in the NWSL.

4. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Just replace Pressley with Sierra and let's see what happens.

5. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    My two cents worth, take it or leave it. Here's the problem - THE COACH. The Spirit have players who can win and know how to win, but they aren't given a chance. #1 - Dunn should be playing in the back, PERIOD. #2 - Lindsey needs to be starting, with Averbuch, Nairn, and Matheson in the middle, and Jodie Taylor up top, maybe Cuellar with her. There is not much depth up top. #4 - Ditch Adams. I DON'T CARE IF SHE SCORED - she flat out doesn't know how to play good soccer.
    Don't ask Lindsey to come in at the 75th minute and fix the shit that just happened! Lindsey starts and the Spirit win, she doesn't, and you get what you saw last night. Also, I think Parsons, like the previous coach, is a pretty nice guy. However, he is not to the level of pro soccer. AND THIS IS FOR THE OWNER OF THE TEAM - unless you want the same results as last year YOU NEED TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL COACH. No offense to Parsons, but just b/c he might have won something in the youngsters league DOES NOT MAKE HIM A PROFESSIONAL COACH! Respect the professional players, PLEASE!!! They deserve it.

6. Newfor2010

Newfor2010 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Club:
    Asker FK
    Sounds like a bit of panic out there for a team that is only in the 6th game of the season. Despite the up and down play it is actually interesting that they have not been shut out in their first six games. Maybe too many expectations for a team that last year won just 3 games. Also the team has played only against the top 5 teams in the league and have yet to play teams below them. Maybe give it a few more games before we fire the coach. I still think they will finish either 5th or 6th but if you really thought this was a playoff team this year you may have been a little unrealistic. I am not sure they have strong enough personnel in enough spots on the field.

7. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They looked good in the final few minutes, but it was way too late by then.

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I completely disagree. She's too good offensively. You need someone with her talent closer to the front to generate offense.

Yes

No, she's been terrible.

She hasn't impressed me so far this season. Washington should probably trade her...

I think you're over-rating the team. They have a decent (not great) midfield and a decent keeper. That's about it. Defense is terrible (other than Krieger). Strikers are non-existant.

sitruc repped this.