Spintso watch battery replacement

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Scrabbleship, May 25, 2018.

1. Scrabbleship

Scrabbleship Member

May 24, 2012
    Had the ol' faithful for a few years and after picking it up after having it lying around all winter unused, I noticed the battery icon was flashing.

Took it to a professional to get the batteries changed as I didn't trust myself to do it without somehow screwing it up. Got it back and the battery indicator is still flashing which means the vibration function doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? A few Google searches show other people have had this issue but no one stated a fix for it.

2. Cornbred Ref

Cornbred Ref Member

Arsenal
    Jan 3, 2018
    Omaha
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the same issue with mine and I spent way too long trying to get it to work. I scrapped it.

3. Scrabbleship

Scrabbleship Member

May 24, 2012
    I discovered there is a small reset button on the inside of the watch next to the battery. Hit that as many times as required until the flashing icon disappears.

4. grasskamper

grasskamper Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I've heard about taking the old batteries out and leaving it idle for a few minutes. Then to replace with fresh batteries. Is the suggestion above, to hit the reset button after replacing with new batteries?

5. Scrabbleship

Scrabbleship Member

May 24, 2012
    Yes. Press it until it buzzes/beeps and the watch will factory reset. It took two attempts for the battery icon to disappear.