Special announcement at alliance business meeting

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by gstommylee, Nov 1, 2016.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea what the announcement is?

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    A number of the fans think schmezter is getting the full time jig.

4. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be pretty hard to not give him the job considering the major turn around the team has had under him.

And it's more than Lodeiro and Torres coming back. The team seems more cohesive, but then, winning does that. Heh. It'll certainly be interesting to see whatelese happens in the off season. Whether Dempsey returns, who we get to fill Valdez's DP slot, etc, etc.

5. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Its official Brian Schmetzer now head coach.

6. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woo!! Well deserved..

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.socceramerica.com/articl...e-schmetzer-job-he-coveted.html?edition=16357

Schmetzer’s reaction was typically humble and honest.
    “It means a lot,” he said. “There’s a lot of friends out there who’ve been texting me, congratulating me. My mom’s very happy of course.”

“This is a job I’ve always coveted, for sure,” said Schmetzer, 54. “So it’s all worked out. The club is the players and their relationship to the fans. That’s the club. The players do their jobs on the field, the fans support the team.
    “Throughout my life, soccer’s been a big part of my life. My family runs a sporting-goods store. In 2002, when Adrian had called me, I was coaching youth soccer and working in construction, doing what a lot of retired soccer players do; we were trying to make a living.”

“We’re not finished yet, but right now I’m just proud to be the head coach, proud to be working with a bunch of really, really great young people,” he said. “All the players are really good people and really tremendous soccer players, and I’ve got a ton of thanks and love for the effort they give me every day in training and during games.”

Yoshou repped this.
  8. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  9. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    To be honest, I could give two flying shi#s about someone's history with the club. Is the team playing well, does he work well with management, do the players got his back? From a fans perspective sure seems like he checked those boxes off.