Spanish League and WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Patchouli, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Both Catalonia and the Basque countries are non-FIFA, just like Cascadia :) All can play in the non-FIFA World Cup.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-FIFA_international_football

They do play fifa counties from time to time, but the results have no bearing on fifa rankings and they don't play fifa tournaments. Since the last decade, new applicants to fifa have to be members of the United Nations, with only a couple exceptions ( French possessions in the Caribean and Gibraltar).

The uk home nations are of course exempt from the requirement, except for the Olympics, but that's the IOS, not fifa.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's a entertaining match between both wc bound Spain & New Zealand

definite contrasts in styles; while Spain is so much fun to watch, particularly Bermudez, Vero & Vicky, it's the powerful, athletic build Hannah Wilkerson that takes over(she reminds me of the Abster of 15 years ago, lol)

3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Athletic Bilbao won the League and this happened.....JUST WAOUW:inlove::inlove::thumbsup:.
    [​IMG]

I wonder if all their players are Basque just like the men?

blissett, gricio61, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    daaaaaaaaang that's a crowd!

5. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Indeed.

Athletic's support for the women's team is amazing. A few years ago I went to a Valencia-Athletic match and it felt like I was in Bilbao. They really deserved winning the league after all these years, now they're the Spanish team with the most championship, 5.

By the way, Irene Paredes is leaving Athletic and apparently she's signing for PSG. Athletic has signed Estíbaliz Aizpurúa from Oiartzun to replace her.

debzy and gricio61 repped this.
  6. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the info @Patchouli :thumbsup:, by the way Spanish player are in vogue in France lately as after Paredes another one is close to sign for a D1F, 20 years old Maddi Torres form Athletic Bilbao is close to sing for Rodez.
    Player and Club have agreed terms now they are waiting validation from Spanish federation.
    Reminder the other Spanish players is D1F are : Patricia Martinez Augusto (Albi) and Virginia Torrecilla (Montpellier).

ps: PSG is also interested in Boquete .

7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The twins Nuria and Pilar Garrote have left FC Barcelona for Espanyol. Really strange Barca let them go.
    [​IMG]

gricio61 repped this.
  8. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
  9. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    These are the players arriving from other leagues so far:

- Andressa Alves (Montpellier -> Barcelona
    - Vera Djatel (Linköping -> Sporting Huelva)
    - Christiane Endler (Colo Colo -> Valencia)
    - Emmeliene Manguy (En Avant Guingamp -> Santa Teresa)
    - Andreea Paraluta (Targu Mures -> Atlético Madrid)
    - Line Røddik Hansen (Olympique Lyon -> Barcelona)
    - Hitomi Tomiyama (Setegaya Sfida -> Santa Teresa)

gricio61 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  10. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    So today Atlético played a friendly vs. Linköping. No Blackstenius, Rolfö, Samuelsson, Ericsson nor Jonna Andersson because of the Olympics, but other than that it was LFC's 1st team. Atlético won 1-9.

...What the hell? :eek:

debzy and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even though is just a friendly scoring nine goals is still impressive but watching the highlights I notice Andrea Sanchez Falcon joined Atletico:eek::eek:....Barca let her go:eek::eek::eek:...waouw that's surprising.

12. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe.... but they DID also just pick up Andressa. One-for-one swap?

13. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    bArcelone continues their internationalisation, after recruitng Danish cb Line Roddik and Brazilian fw Andressa Alves, the catalan gianst signed Ivory Coast fw Ange N'guessan.

Meanwhile the team travel to France where they will dispute two friendlies against Montpellier (Friday) and Albi (Sunday).

14. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
  15. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Levante UD 2-1 Valencia CF (Olivia Oprea 19', Carol Marín 52' - Estefanía Banini 62')

An unforgettable Valencian derby, it was played in the male team's stadium for once and there was a great attendance from both sides (over 8000). Both teams look very good, I think Barcelona and Atlético will play the next Champions League but it'd be great if Levante makes it. Valencia is too far behind, I fear.

gricio61, debzy and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  16. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Real Sociedad 0-2 Real Betis (Laura González 44', Paula Moreno 81')

Betis is the most promising newcomer this season (Tacuense is bottom with no wins yet), this is their second win after 11 weeks, but they tied vs. Barcelona (1-1) past week, and they nearly did the same vs. Athletic. Real Sociedad was the 15/16 season's main surprise (they nearly were 4th, but Levante passed them in the end), but it seems they're returning to lower positions.

gricio61 and debzy repped this.
  17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Welcome back @Patchouli :thumbsup: it's nice to hear from you again and thanks for the info and image but I wanted to ask you did the league postponed some games due to players being at the U20 World Cup ?

18. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    #143 Patchouli, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Thanks. The league goes on while the WC is being played. It's the same in other leagues, isn't it?

The game of the week: FC Barcelona 2-1 Athletic Bilbao (Vicky Losada 17', Jennifer Hermoso 73' - Erika Vázquez 26'). Unexpectedly, Athletic has lost against all teams in the top 4 positions and is 13 points away from the Champions League with one game pending.

Other results:UD Granadilla 2-1 Oiartzun KE, Rayo Vallecano 5-1 UD Tacuense, Zaragoza CFF 1-1 Sporting Huelva, Santa Teresa CD 1-3 Atlético Madrid, RCD Espanyol 3-3 Albacete Balompié. Genoveva Añonma has scored her first goal for Atlético.

1. FC Barcelona 31
    2. Atlético Madrid 29
    3. Levante UD 29
    4. Valencia CF 22
    5. UD Granadilla 21
    6. Athletic Bilbao 16
    7. Sporting Huelva 14
    8. Santa Teresa CD 13
    9. Rayo Vallecano 13
    10. Zaragoza CFF 13
    11. Real Sociedad 10
    12. Real Betis 9
    13. RCD Espanyol 6
    14. Albacete Balompié 5
    15. Oiartzun KE 4
    16. UD Tacuense 3

Segunda teams in promotion play-offs positions: Oviedo Moderno, CDEF Logroño, CE Seagull, Sevilla FC, Granada CF, Madrid CFF, Murcia Féminas + Canarian play-off.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not always and not everywhere. For instance, in Japan, the League actually ended about a month ago, but there is Empress' Cup underway, a very popular tournament: well, since some of the high-profile club teams have many players in U-20 NT, Empress' Cup stopped for some weeks, and it will resume mid-December, when U-20 WWC will come to an end.

I general, Japanese federation is quite aware of international commitments of its various women's National Teams and uses to schedule "windows" accordingly during clubs' season.

gricio61 repped this.
  20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In France teams could ask to have matches postponed (due to the U20 WC being currently played), for the moment only Albi and Juvisy did it and had it agreed by the league.

blissett repped this.
  21. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Real Sociedad (Yulema Corres 83' - Manuela Lareo 79')

If someone had told me this summer that Athletic would have more draws + losses than wins by now I wouldn't have believed him... o_O

22. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Atlético Madrid 5-0 Levante UD
    Sonia Bermúdez 11', Priscila Borja 14' 24', Laura Fernández 89', Amanda Sampedro 91'

I didn't expect Levant to lose like this :eek: With this and the 2-2 draw in the Valencia-Granadilla, Atlético is starting to create some distance.

blissett repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a few questions on the Spanish League;

is there an official website? I usually use the website, soccerway, but they don't list the scoring or assist leaders in the league

possibly moot now that their not doing so good, but why doesn't last year's champs, Athletico, have any of it's players on the Spanish NT?(or at least none were starters in their last friendly vs France) Is it cause their Basque and want to start their own NT?(though I got to admit even the Athletic Madrid players didn't look good in that game playing alongside the majority FC Barcelona squad)

Is there any kind of call to shorten the league to possibly 10-12 teams(like England, France & Germany) from whats now 16? It would seem it would make the league a bit more competitive, especially for a ocuntry way smaller in population than the ones that I just emntioned

blissett repped this.
  24. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Oiartzun KE 0-1 FC Barcelona
    Jennifer Hermoso 26'

A hard-fought result for Oiartzun, which has no wins yet. Barcelona seems to be having some problems scoring in away matches lately, they tied 1-1 against Betis in the previous journey. Anyway this is enough to keep the lead.

Valencia CF 2-2 UD Granadilla (Maripaz Vilas 8', Claudia Zornoza 35' - Ayano Dozono 5', Pisco Peña 62')
    Real Betis 0-3 Rayo Vallecano (Natalia Pablos 7', Raquel Carreño 39', Sole Sánchez 58')
    Albacete Balompié 2-0 Santa Teresa CD (Tomo Matsukawa 53', Alicia Muñoz 61')
    Sporting Huelva 2-1 RCD Espanyol (Cristina Martín-Prieto 44', Anita Hernández 46' - Alba Pomares 62')
    UD Tacuense 1-1 Zaragoza CFF (Tania Carballo 36' - Nuria Mallada 34')

01. FC Barcelona 34
    02. Atlético Madrid 32
    ------------------------------------
    03. Levante UD 29
    04. Valencia CF 23
    05. UD Granadilla 22
    06. Athletic Bilbao 17
    07. Sporting Huelva 17
    08. Rayo Vallecano 16
    09. Zaragoza CFF 14
    10. Santa Teresa CD 13
    11. Real Sociedad 11
    12. Real Betis 9
    13. Albacete Balompié 8
    14. RCD Espanyol 6
    15. Oiartzun KE 4
    16. UD Tacuense 4

Top scorers:
    15 - Sonia Bermúdez
    12 - Jennifer Hermoso
    09 - Yulema Corres, Maripaz Vilas
    08 - Olga García, Charlyn Corral, Luana Spindler, Alexia Putellas, Esther González, Paula Moreno

Segunda División teams in promotion positions:
    Oviedo Moderno - CDEF Logroño - CE Seagull - Sevilla FC - Madrid CFF - UD Aldaia - Granada CF + Canarian play-off

blissett and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  25. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Valencia, Spain
    Yes: http://www.laliga.es/liga-femenina-iberdrola There are no statistics, but there's the table and results and there are highlights, news and articles, rosters with commentaries and a table of signings. For a table of scorers and goalkeepers, there's Futbolme: http://futbolme.com/resultados-directo/torneo/primera-division-femenina

No, there's nothing political about it. I was wondering the same back then, I guess Athletic is the kind of team that stands out as a block rather than individually. There weren't that many before, in Canada 2015 it was Ainhoa Tirapu, Elixabet Ibarra, Erika Vázquez and Irene Paredes, and the three former were over 30 with only Tirapu as a starter, so now that Paredes is in PSG I guess it isn't that surprising that there aren't any until some younger players make their way into the team.

I like the 16 team format, it gives diversity to the competition and even if there's a big difference with the top teams I think the struggle for avoiding relegation is rather interesting. But that would be interesting if they broke Segunda División into a single-group second tier, a two-group third tier and a several-group fourth tier, like in England.

Anyway what I really miss is a national cup through the season with all Primera teams and at least the best Segunda teams. The Copa de la Reina is really nice, but as a League Cup.