Spain vs Colombia (6 June) Friendly

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So I may get a chance to watch this game but let's be realistic at the same time...

So the last time we played them was in 2011 right when we just started with new players and not with Pekerman.

So while Spain may not be the same as they were during the last

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Official? Big friendly but will have to use his main squad. Think the 2011 game we did well without James and a with a awful coach.

I like our chances if our strikers have more match fitness as well as our MFs. But for the love of god no Macnelly

3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yeah, just check FIFA.com.

Also, while you're right this is a team that still has a certain standard.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #4 HomietheClown, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    I would start an All -Star team of Arletico Nacional connections and rest everyone else. Players who have either played for Nacional or still play with Nacional.
    My lineup:

--------------------------Ospina/Amani (If we can convince him)---------------------

Zuniga---Davinson Sanchez---Oscar Murillo---Diaz

--------------------- Perez---- Uribe----------------------
    --------------------Chara-----Cardona---------------------
    ------------------Marlos----------Borja-------------------

(Just joking, well ... ...kinda. :p:D)

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

I'd rather start to promote one of our other GKs currently on the call-up list and not Armani.

Let's put Armero back in that spot to get him a bit more integrated with the youngsters, move Fabra to the other def wing just to give him some more NT minutes. Zuniga looks like he is just getting back from injury but I fear his days are counted @ Watford.

If this is a "forward "looking experience I would rather try out some other talent on that wing and see how that works out.

---------------------------D.Gonzales

---Fabra-----------DSanchez----OMurillo --------Armero

---------------Barrios-----------------D.Torres

-----------------------------Perez

Roa--------------------------------------------Izquierdo

------------------ Zapata/Borre

With a big man like Zapata in the box, that's a lot of crosses into the box for the big man from the likes of Armero, Fabra and Izquierdo. Borre offers a bit more fine touch and isn't as much as an area man but is great with quick counters.

On defense, that MF block of Barrios, Perez and Torres would have to double their efforts to cover the huge holes that will be left by Fabra and Armero. D. Sanchez and O.Murillo should be able to provide enough stability in center.

---------

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    With long seasons ending and the transfer market just getting underway, I see Pekerman playing a few promising domestic players and guys who could use a transfer (Barrios, Perez, Cuellar, Izquierdo, Roger Martinez, Marlos etc).

Therefore, I think James plays this match, and he'll probably request to for obvious reasons.

Armero to me is a wasted opportunity. He's shown he can still bring things to the table; we still need to find somebody to replace him long term.

pibe10 repped this.
  7. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    This game is to play it with our A Team. It's big chance to see how Colombia deals with opponents that we may face in final phases in a World Cup

pibe10 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  8. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We don't have any promise in left back! Bring Dario bustos back! Haha

9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Or in the group stage based on last world cup performances. :whistling:

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Spain lineups in 2016-2017 friendly competitions - keep in mind, they also played the Euro Cup (4 matches) and had 5 WCQ matches in 2016-17; just want people to see the rotation they use with subs and starters each game....

Spain has a mix of good friendlies (France, England, Belgium, Italy) and WTF opponents like Georgia, Bosnia, Romania and South Korea - just to give certain folks perspective that even the top teams play against random nations in friendlies...

Spain - 17 matches played since 2016
    Colombia - 18 matches played since 2016 - hard for us fans to ask for more friendlies when we pretty much have a full calendar...perspective....

Spain vs. France (3/17)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=467835

Spain vs. England (12/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=463894

Spain vs. Belgium (10/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=460629

Spain vs. Georgia (7/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=448090

Spain vs. South Korea (7/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=444859

Spain vs. Bosnia (5/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=444858

Spain vs. Romania (3/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=437838

Spain vs. Italy (3/16)
    http://www.espnfc.com/lineups?gameId=440600

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Normally I would agree here but I would hate to have one of our major A players risk major injury and miss out on such an important qualifier(s) in August. Pekerman is just adjusting and let's be fair, prior to Ecuador's match we were looking weak in attack and penetrable in defense. So while I never thought we were the worst we could've been we also weren't playing the best. Interestingly enough, our best matches so far have been against Ecuador and Venezuela.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with @krass . It's not a game that we can play with FPC players, plus the stars will also like to play vs. a NT like Spain. Next qualifiers in August, no need to be in panic. Vs. Portugal I would use the FPC & South America players. If everyone will be fit for Spain Match:

Ospina; Arias, Mina, Zapata, Armero; Sanchez, Aguilar; Cuadrado, James, Muriel; Falcao

krass repped this.
  13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why be afraid of injury? It's inevitable in football. Let's bring our best team.

pibe10 and krass repped this.
  14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Falcao.

15. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Against Spain, Colombia needs to play its starters. Colombia will not have possession of the ball, so they need to play counter attack.

---------------Ospina---------------
    Arias---Mina--Zapata---Armero
    --------Aguilar--Sanchez---------
    Cuadrado---------------Cardona
    ---------------James---------------
    -----------Borja/Zapata-----------

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am going to state what should be obvious here but a lot can happen between now and June. Injuries and good/bad form will be factors in formulating the roster against Spain and Portugal.
    There could be someone who none of us are even talking about who could break out on the scene as crazy as it sounds.
    Or it could be the same exact team that played in Ecuador.

Who knows? Not even Pekerman.

17. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Espana confirmó que se jugará en Murcia el 7 de Junio

18. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Los convocados de Espana

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/05/19/seleccion/1495185998_229060.html

La lista de 25 convocados es: De Gea, Reina, Kepa, Carvajal, Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Ramos, Nacho, Azpilicueta, Monreal, Jordi Alba, Busquets, Illarramendi, Koke, Thiago, Iniesta, Isco, Silva, Asensio, Pedro, Vitolo, Deulofeu, Diego Costa, Iago Aspas y Morata.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We can beat that team with Atletico Nacional + James.+Falcao

(Maybe not.):p

20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only Armani. The guy is by far and way way above other goalkeepers in Colombia much better. Hell, I'm not even sure that Ospina is better. Of course I won't give up on Ospina, but Armani is the 2016 best goalkeeper in South America and he still shows high form. I don't understand how either we or Argentina don't invite him to the NT, he must play in one of them.

As for Fabra, he never played as a RB, he is a LB. Normally I wouldn't call him, the problem is that we don't have too many options or options at all. Diaz lost form, Armero is Armero, we can try Arias as LB and maybe hopefully if Andrade will gain form. I also wouldn't cancel Deiver Machado from Millonarios.

21. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we bring players from the Colombian to start we bout to get our asses kicked lol

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Spain is over rated but yea I agree.

Worried about our defense. Love Sanchez but he is too green to start for us maybe against Cameroon we can try 3 in the back with him but the Spain game should be our best 11 of which we are missing a LB and RB

23. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    whens the list coming out??

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like always, two hours before the match...

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman And the Colombian fed have always been assholes about the list

Like if we had some type of insane depth in our NT. If Argentina and Spain did it a week ago we have 0 fking excuse.

It's going to be the last call up + Teo+ Falcao+ Izquerido+ Jesion Murillo. Shocker would be Armani being included.

What pisses me off about waiting so long is dude the team doesn't fking change!!! Tho I'd be happy if he calls 30 guys+ so starting line up for Spain then James, Falcao, Carlos Sanchez can go home and it's like learn to play without them