Spain-Belgium, [R] (eventually)

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Belgian guy, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So, what are your thoughts on this one? Me personally, I'm fearing a disaster tonight. Confidence isn't high, and even with all of our guys at their peak, we would still have a hard time getting a result in Spain. I think the best we can hope for tonight is a respectable loss (2-1, 1-0), but I fear we may take a beating...

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tight match, Spain will look dangerous all night, but won't find the glory. Belgium counters with a cheap goal, Spain then unleashes all hell on goal.

Final: Spain 2 Belgium 1

3. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Yea the thing with Belgium is that all the players have changed, very young generation + Emile Mpenza isnt in it anymore. I'd hope for 1-1 or if theyr lucky they can open the score and put it all in defense... but yea its probably going to be something like 2-1 for spain. After the last game, i would be asking some serious questions.

4. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Wahoo! What a game so far,
    Deflandre is out with a red car but no one really knows why... He took his anger out on FIFA stewards, luckily he didn overdo it.
    Spain nearly scored in the first minute but Belgium is actually doing very good at the moment, theyr not making it easy for Spain in fact theyr quite offensive.
    But man that ref sure pisses everyone off here, he booked Kompany and Goor, ok for Kompany but for Goor come on...
    After all this I hope Belgium rub theyr ... in those spanish faces. Oh and before they started the game they had a minute of silence because of 4 players that have died in a caraccident that happened an hour ago(indoor soccer). Dont ask me the names, i think they were Spanish, thats all i know

5. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Well 2-0 defeat for Belgium.. Goor got another yellow car. Ref is probably going to be hated in whole Belgium.
    Now I'm switching over to Canada-honduras, which unfortunatly is online reading...
    0-0 so far first half is almost over

6. gento

gento New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Valencia(Spain)
    Hilarious stuff.
    Goor got a direct red card.He spitted on Xavi Hernandez.You know spitting on another player's face is a red card,right?
    And Van Buyten commited a blatantly obvious penalty in the first half on Reyes that ref blew off.
    Ref is probably going to be hated in whole Belgium?LOL

7. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    I didn see him spit but i'll believe u altho what i saw was a player provoking Goor...
    And even if he spit, it didn seem to reach him since the player didn have that kind of reaction.
    But sh!t whatever i dont really care anyways im not even a Belgian, i just heard some frustrating news about Honduras-Canada... 1-1 pricks probably didn deserve it again..
    anyways..... nevertheless u had the upper hand in the second half of the game.
    And no matter what u say the ref will be hated here+ yer coach got on the news yesterday for calling Thierry Henry a ...........

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm disappointed that Goor spit at that Spanish player, no matter what was happening. He's the Belgain captain, he should know better, his team is already down a man and two goals he needs to stay on the pitch.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should know better never seems to work in sports.

10. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    I understand the red card for Goor, he scrd up

But for Deflandre, I'm still wondering if it's not a huge pro fault.

Wvr, logic score, there is a problem in belgian defense. They've no one in left side, who's this Deschacht guy?????
    Both goals came from him, first he cancel the offside, being 5 meters behin his defensive line, and 2nd is coming from a stupid lousy pass.

11. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Thats true, Olivier Deschacht didn play like he was supposed to... He plays for Anderlecht, he's actually quite good but the Belgian team is very young. Tho that second goal, that pass was so naive... totally screwed up the spirit. Goor admitted in an interview that he was wrong but he didn aim to spit on him. It was purely out of frustration and u have to admit that the other player provoked him. He's no Totti!
    Deflandre still doesnt know what happened, he said he didn say anything back at the ref.

12. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Strange situation. I don't agree with you on Deschacht, however. He's an OK defender but I think he doesn't have his place in the national team. For the left side I would rather think of Van der Heyden (Club Brugge), Pieterjan Monteyne (GBA) or Nico Van Kerckhoven (Borussia Monchengladbach).

13. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Actually i'd also choose Van Der Heyden above Deschacht, he's more expierenced.
    Well its like I said, everything still has to fall into pieces, the team is young and they've only played together a few times. They also have a new trainer. Man of the game (belgian side) was Kompany, he's such a great talent! Mpenza had a few nice moves