Southern Oregon Fuego (R)

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by Nacional Tijuana, May 3, 2009.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, no one has made mention of the team since I posted on the main NPSL boiard. Maybe it's time for a thread, then.

Does anybody know what town/facility they are playing in? Seems like the club has an indoor team in K Falls, but they were holding (outdoor?) tryouts in Ashland.

Anyhow, I'm psyched to see a team there. I love the Rogue. I had a good friend who moved up there for a while from San Diego. He was in Central Point, near Medford.

2. CaliforniaSoccer

Mar 21, 2006
    Fuego have been traditionally based out of Ashland. They actually played a partial NPSL schedule back in either 2003 or 2004. I am assuming that is where they are playing this year, but I think they have a game listed in Redding, CA as well. I know there is pretty new complex in Redding which may have something to do with that

3. REALSANJOSE

REALSANJOSE Member

Mar 18, 2008
    PAL Stadium San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Evertonmark

Evertonmark New Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Fuego are now playing in Medford. Just had their home opener against La Morinda United earlier this evening. They play at a field that just had it's grand opening today. It's artificial turf with soccer and football boundary lines. Quite unsightly, but it's better than the narrower high school field they played on in Ashland. There were maybe 100-150 people at the game, hoping for more in upcoming games as the word gets out. Fuego needs help with marketing the product (as do most teams) as the first announcement I heard of this game was three or four days ago.

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They appear to have no website of their own. Too bad, I'd love to know what their kits look like, sponsors, etc. Salinas Valley Samba has a few pics, and even a cafepress shop.

What was the result, anyhow?

6. Evertonmark

Evertonmark New Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    They do not have sponsors other than a local fitness company (something like that) and of course Molten (for the game balls). The jerseys they have right now are the same ones from three ror four years ago. Ironically, the jerseys have www.fuegosoccer.com on the back, but it is a dead link. It would be nice if the team were able to take it to another level as far as visibility is concerned, but there isn't the money or the prestige in the eyes of potential sponsors. BTW, the game was 1-0 to La Morinda when I left 1/2 hour into the game (Dinner was calling). By the looks of things, La Morinda probably won (no local news coverage) just by the way they played (more aggressive, dominant midfield, more shots on goal).