Southend United v. West Bromwich Albion (1 Jan) [R]

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by DevilDave, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to send best wishes to all BigSoccer members and Albion supporters for a Happy New Year.

The Baggies begin 2007 with a trip to the Essex coast to face bottom club Southend. The Shrimpers seem destined to return to League One. If we are to continue our march up the table we must confidently beat teams like this wherever we play them.

We have 20 more league matches in which we might be able to pull ourselves into an automatic promotion place and avoid the great uncertainty that is the play-offs.

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Southend United 3 West Bromwich Albion 1

A pathetic performance. We completely under-estimated Southend and our poor defence allowed them to walk away with a few goals before the break.

3. Normal service is resumed. Mowbray played a bizarre formation with 1 up front - we were playing the bottom side!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm strugglin for reasons as to why he picked Gera who has shown no signs of form lately. Carter shouldn't be in the side he's ********in useless. So it's a great start to the New Year then. The fans who went should get their money back for such miserable day. I think we had the furthest fixture in terms of distance than any other team yesterday and the players serve that up for the fans. What a bunch of w@nkers.

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this typical? We can play well against teams who are supposed to be our promotion competitors, but stumble against the lower-table opposition. Playing one up front is practically telling your opponents, "We think we're going to beat you so soundly that we only need one striker to do it."

Gera has had very little impact this year (especially when compared to his performances the last two seasons). It would not surprise me to see him sent elsewhere during the current transfer window, but we must get the most we can from his sale.

5. Bentex

Bentex Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Nottingham, UK
  6. F@ckin useless. He hasn't performed in months - he knows he's gone when the money's right. I don't get it though, you'd think he'd want to impress the scouts but he doesn't look like a player at the moment. He's making Darren Carter look like Socrates.