Southampton vs Spurs, PL, Wed. Jan. 1st, 10 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs ring in the New Year with a trip to Saint Mary's against a Saints side that has enjoyed a holiday season of good cheer with 7 points from a possible 9. Tottenham meanwhile have bumbled their way to 4 points during the same period, with mostly disappointing performances, so this will be far from straightforward.

Winks and Sissoko are available for selection following their suspensions, which pretty well means we are going to get 2 of Dier-Sissoko-Winks in central midfield, with Eriksen, Ndombele and Lo Celso most likely on the bench. Thankfully, Son's 3 match ban comes to an end after this fixture, which cannot come soon enough.

2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Yet another game where we haven’t turned up in the opening 45 minutes.

3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    “******** off Mourinho”
    “You’re just a shit Pochettino”

Heard chanted in the crowd.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ndombele looked great, until the inevitable injury.

5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Oh good, now Kane is off with a hamstring injury.

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I didn’t even know managers could get yellow cards, is that new? I knew they could be “sent off”, but I don’t recall seeing the referee show a red card.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well unlike the past few games where we played rubbish in the first 45 and put together a decent 20 minutes in the second half, this time it was the full 90 minutes.

8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tell me why this isn't 100% on the players. I'll debate anyone.

9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Son certainly didn't help by making himself unavailable for 3 games. Failure to sign a replacement for Llorente has meant Kane played every minute of every game. The problems seem to be more stupidity than lack of talent.

10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Which is a constant problem Levy has failed to address. Not saying it’s easy to convince a good player to sit on the bench hoping Kane gets injured, but like clockwork Kane starts racking up minutes in the physio starting early in the new year and as an organization Spurs have failed every time in finding a credible back up plan.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Mourinho is a complete dud. Had a row with the Saints goalkeeping coach, blamed VAR and accused the ball boys of time-wasting (which he instructs his own ball boys to do). Once again Daniel Levy has made a massive mistake. It is only a question now of when Mourinho gets canned. This is Man U all over again.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This is beginning to be a concern. He hasn't looked fit all season, told the manager he didn't want to play against Brighton and didn't exactly fight to stay on the pitch.