Southampton vs Arsenal (EPL) 10 Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NorthBank, Dec 10, 2017.

1. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why? Alexis loses the ball whenever he drops deep. When he stays further up the field, he can score goals and make assists.

I actually don't mind Ramsey making forward runs. Considering two of our front three (Ozil and Sanchez) don't, except during counter-attacks, it's important we get some forward runs from midfield. Otherwise, we're all parked outside the box. His runs have given us goals and assists.

2. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    It's not optimal for Alexis to get the ball deep. But I suspect it's going to happen if we play w two man midfield. If we play Xhaka and Ramsey we need a 3 man midfield, which I think is our best option right now. Except of course, Ramsey is injured again so we're probably looking at a month at the earliest before we can do this. In any event, JFW is our best shot at a DLP right now, I think he can transition into that role just like Arteta and Cazorla. He has the the agility and technical skill for it. Specifically, Xhaka doesn't have the agility we need for the role. He also doesn't have a lot of range either. So for now, I'd play Wilshere and Maitland-Niles. At least we can hope to protect the back three and pass it out of the back.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. Except that with Jack it's just a matter of time, perhaps not much time, before he invites upon himself the next injury-inducing challenge.

That said, I'd like to give him the chance... starting tomorrow at West Ham.

Hell, I said in that thread that I'd basically like to see him play our B-team from the BATE match 1 week ago.