South Stand Supporters Club

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by ctsinclair, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ctsinclair

ctsinclair Member

May 6, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    In 2012, the South Stand will be represented by the South Stand Supporters Club (SSSC) consisting of three sub-groups: The Boulevard Battery, Ad Astra SKC and The Wedge. None of us regularly post on Big Soccer that I know of so here are some links to our websites and social media accounts to find out more info:

[​IMG]
    South Stand SC:
    Website (blog and store): http://www.southstandsc.org
    Twitter: @SouthStandSC
    FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/271701066194329/

More info about the other sub-groups in the following posts.

Basically we are trying to support the passionate fans in the South Stand who would like to stand for a larger portion of the game, while being respectful of those around them who may not want to stand all the time. We will be running our own chants from our end but likely not continuously like the Cauldron. We will respect the higher percentage of kids in the area with our language/chants and frankly hope to feed off their energy and willingness to yell, scream and get excited.

I don't check here very often so probably best to find us on the above social media platforms if you have questions.

[​IMG]
    We already have scarves and other merchandise available in stock at our online store. It will also be available on home gamedays.

We have banners painted and we are working on more so we ware looking for help. We will be continuing charity work through the Goals for Good program started last year.

So yes the South Stand will be rocking. Likely small at first but growing every day. We have been collaborating with Sean and Jeff and welcome any Cauldronites who come over to the South Stand for a game if they couldn't get MS tickets.

-Christian

1 person likes this.
  2. ctsinclair

ctsinclair Member

May 6, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't help but think of poor Andy Mead when I saw this. Basically his goal of owning every Wizards/SKC scarf is now out the window. Just too many of them now. Last year I must have seen at least a dozen different designs, and now multiple ISGs are producing their own merch with no coordination. That's awesome.