Review: South African psl wrap

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Ndlovu-khosi, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Ndlovu-khosi

Ndlovu-khosi New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this weekend is the penultimate one in domestic south African football. mamelodi sundowns have regained the league title they lost to bidvest Wits last season. Orlando pirates sealed their return to continental football by finishing second. third position will be decided between Kazier chiefs and Maritzburg united on the last weekend of the league. platinum stars have been relegated and the fight to avoid the relegation sport will be decided on the last weekend. Hihglands park have been promoted from the NFD which means next season we could have six clubs from Gauteng which is almost half of the league. [​IMG]

2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Ajax CT have finally accepted their relegation after a 7 point deduction for, I believe, an ineligible player. And now there is talk that Ajax Amsterdam are, I guess, talking about relinquishing their share of ownership of said club. Anybody follow this situation? Are Ajax CT courting other clubs to be a subsidiary of (Roma CT? Bayer CT? Rangers CT? I could do this all day.)

3. Ndlovu-khosi

Ndlovu-khosi New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ajax amsterdam has not really been covered in the south african media, so there is really no information about them selling their shares. ajax cape town probably have the strongest squad in the NFD so they are expected to return to the PSL within one season.the team is actually extending their academy infrastructure in order to house more players. this would suggest that amsterdam is still behind the club the team would not change their name because they are already known as such by everyone in south african football.