Sounders v. RSL 5/20/17

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, May 19, 2017.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    At least there's supposed to be great weather for tomorrow.

2. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schmetz let them back in the game by letting Deuce take the PK. Why isn't their a hue and cry from the media anytime anybody other than Evans takes a PK when Evans is on the pitch? Yes, Dempsey is on the short list of greatest American offensive players. As Bum Phillips once said when asked if Earl Campbell is in a class by himself, "I don't know if he is in a class by himself, but whatever class he is in, it doesn't take long to call roll." Evans is not. But when it comes to Sounders PK takers, Evans is in a class by himself. I would trust Evans on crutches over any other Sounder. It is exceedingly unlikely that even Nick Rimando would have saved him, and the only valid criterion for deciding who should take PKs is who is most likely to score. Period.

Good play from the Sounders up until that moment, but they have to put their shots on goal.

3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A win!!!! What is this feeling?? I don't understand?? It almost feels.. good??

I agree with Mateo. If B-Rad is on the field, he takes the PK..

4. Amaru523

Amaru523 Member

Jun 22, 2016
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice win, but wondering if Will Bruin is okay, looked like a dislocated elbow.

5. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    FINALLY.
    From my perspective, in the first have the offense looked the most menacing I have seen this season. Unlucky (again) not to be up 2-0, 3-0 at the half.

BUILD A BONFIRE!