Sounders Secure Fredy Montero

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Lucho305, Jan 23, 2009.

1. HectorM

HectorM Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Pittsburgh
    He'll get killed in MLS.

2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Just have him sit out the games Dema Kovalenko is playing, and that should preserve his health.

3. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Freddy Montero (Colombian- Top Goal scorer in Copa Mustang) to stay with Sounders in MLS.

[​IMG]

Whaa Whaa...:(

4. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    So the dude is owned by a 3rd party? Possibly?

Who do you call up to look at a player's registration, isn't it even open to the public? I'm just saying....if we're all so curious a quick call to MLS headquarters and USSF headquarters might solve it. Or would we have to call long-distance to Colombia to get the low-down.

5. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You guys have way too much time on your hands. :rolleyes:

6. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    If we didn't, we wouldn't be on Big Soccer.

7. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP.

He needs the challenge of sturdy MLS defenses to grow as an attacker.

8. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOzPPfaWEw"]YouTube - Sounders FC practice video 1-23-09[/ame]

Montero's shot blocked in practice

9. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montero coughed six times during practice Friday.

:D

11. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohh Ohh...... show the one where he ties his shoes................... I love that one. ;)

12. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No can do. His people tie his shoes for him.

13. Pibe the kid

Pibe the kid New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Seattle's front office is making every other team look like amatuers. What luck, though I doubt luck was involved with this one.

14. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might want to pop that orca phallus out of your mouth before you choke to death, bub.

15. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF? :confused:

Why don't you move your Beavis and Butthead attempt at humor to the rivalry forum. I am sure posts like this would be really appreciated there.:rolleyes:

16. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about, not? How about having someone hold their tongue before they imply that all other FO's are inferior to that of an expansion team which has yet to have a competitive match?

17. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insecure much? If you know it is not the truth why do you feel you have to post a bunch of sophmoric nonsense? The person that posted it is not even from Seattle. So what?

Maybe the ownership in Seattle has raised the bar for the other owners in terms of the off field busines. The fact that we havn't played a game or not doesn't matter the organization is already operating in the black that is good for everyone.

I want every team in the league to have great owners not just Seattle. The fact that you have great owners that are closer to getting your stadium built is great as well.

The only competition that matters is on the field not off it.

18. RevsFunk

RevsFunk New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Boston
    huge move for MLS and Seattle. It can't be said enough that this is the kind of signing that MLS needs more of (I know the Galaxy tried). Montero is a pretty big deal in Colombia. According to wikipedia though, this deal is a loan. Is this true? I hope not, but either way, great job Seattle, continue doing things right.

19. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a guy from Houston comes on here and talks smack when his city was given a championship team that didn't even have to go thru the building process of being an expansion franchise? Sorry Mannie but not every city has 2 cups handed to them by the league. :confused:

20. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stick it in your corn hole, chief. I wasn't the one belittling all other team FO's. Given to us by the league? We're not the Gals, genius. Seems like every year there has to be a group of blow holes, first Toronto, then Columbus, now you wankers...atleast they had actually played a damned game before they got cocky. You lot are something else.

21. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    LOL

How about we wait until the kid plays an actual MLS game before anointing him the next superstar.

22. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy who made that statement is not a Sounder fan genius. He was, however, making an observation on an expansion franchise doing everything possible to be competitive from the start. You're right, You are not the Gals..... You are the Earthquakes........... don't forget it.

23. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Don't worry Mannie, 5 games into the season, Seattle is going to realize that defense is just as important as offense and a 3-2 loss is the same as a 1-0 loss.

24. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Honestly, for a first year expansion team, I'm not sure that it is. A 1-0 loss could* have you walking away feeling thoroughly dominated, like you did absolutely nothing out there. A 3-2 loss, and you could be walking away saying "we coulda had 'em!"

At some point, it does indeed become all about results, but for that first year, just feeling "in the mix" is more than nothing.

* Now, I should note that not all one-nil losses are the same, but we are talking an expansion team here. And it seems the contrast was between having an offense up to snuff and a defense that is not or vice versa.

25. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh grow up.

Cocky about what? Anyone with half a brain or business savvy can see that the FO has done a great job in putting this franchise together. Anyone can see that this is a stellar ownership group that is committed to to the city and MLS as being a strong franchise on and off the field. That is not being cocky, it is a fact.

I havn't seen one Sounder fan come on BS and claim that we had the best team in the league or that we are going to come in and beat everyone so I don't see what your problem is. We know we have not played a game yet. That is obvious. You don't need to remind us. We have realistic expectations being an expansion team and all.

The fact is that thus far the ownership of this team has put us in a position where we may be competetive this year. We shall see.