Songs for England

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Maxheadroom, Dec 16, 2009.

1. CheeseAndOatcakes

CheeseAndOatcakes New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Who else is concerned that singing such a vile song is going to result in trouble after the game?

If you sing songs like this then you are no better than the English thugs or any other person who brings the game into disrepute.

I mean what's happened on here? We have thread after thread of 'how to get xxxx England player sent off' and now we have supposedly one of our closest allies in a football match of all things trying to insult us in a vile way.

There ain't no fun here, just nastiness and aggressiveness that will result in trouble after the game.

I was hoping whatever the result the fans could enjoy a few drinks together after the game but if the US fans are heard singing such things it will be mayhem when the fans come together outside the ground.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more concerned about the shoe horning of lyrics

I agree. We should sing our version of your national anthem and chant fun things like 'It's called soccer' but let's not kid ourselves. England goons are pros and they will ******** you up.

We invented the Iphone. We are much smarter than this.

3. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    This is great McRob. I'm with Cheese and Oatcakes as well. Although the game is going to be intense and competitive, we should come together after because we are two of the greatest allies.

4. USfootballer89

Mar 6, 2008
    new orleans
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God Shave the hairy Queen
    Face fuzz, of late, is seen
    God Shave the Queen
    Make here "Shick"-torious,
    Not wild hair spore-ious,
    She's bearded before us
    God Shave the Queen

5. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.

We love England fans, Lord, kum bay ya;
    We love England fans, Lord, kum bay ya;
    We love England fans, Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.

Hear them singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
    Hear them singing, Lord, kum bay ya;
    Hear them singing, Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.

Oh, I need you, England, kum bay ya;
    Oh, I need you, England, kum bay ya;
    Oh, I need you, England, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.

There, will that be better? We can all hold hands and hug after the match. :rolleyes:

6. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Oh dear, I'm guessing you've never seen footie fans wind themselves up until full scale fighting breaks out.

I don't agree with football hooliganism but if you want to see it, then sing vile songs against the fans and I promise you will.

I'd prefer regardless of the outcome the fans can have fun together outside the ground. I've been to plenty of games where opposing fans have come together and we've all had a drink together and then I've seen the absolute opposite and it will happen if American fans spread hate.

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Amusing to see an Englishman talk about American fans "spread[ing] the hate"

8. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Irrelevant post.

9. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I grew up in Argentina. I've seen full on fighting and craziness. Songs don't incite violence, idiots do. Generally idiots under the influence of alcohol.

10. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I'd generally agree with that but provocation and doing something you know that will incite the other fans in a very charged atmosphere is only going to end in disaster if they have a large number of fighters as England do (and that's most certainly something to be of ashamed of).

I hate football hooligans and being a stoke fan I've seen far too much of it.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Irrelevant post responding to an irrelevant post. You want to talk about this go elsewhere. This is a thread about songs for US supporters to sing for the England game.

12. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Singing something that will only provoke idiots prone to violence is idiotical.
    But, knock yourself out - just be considerate of those around you that have no interest in getting caught up in the idiocy.

13. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    iPhone, iPhone, I have heard of this iPhone...

Oh yeah! That thing that Apple brought out that my 2 and a half year old Docomo phone could kick lumps out of! Sorry. Here in Japan, the iPhone is nothing more than a fashion accessory. Thats why people get it.

But then use a Japanese one for the serious stuff. Such as downloading from the internet, radio, TV, gaming, video conferencing, and general internet use.

Did I mention the TV?

OK. Just HAD to do that. Sorry!

Moving on with a request. Just veering somewhat away from the general line of this thread. Not off topic, but heading down a side-road, so to speak!

Yes, I do live in Japan, and my local bar has just bought an LCD TV for the WC (Its HUGE! I cant wait!). However, they want some music that represents the WC, and asked me (my English is better!) to help out. I am trying to compile a list of songs that represent as many nations as I can. Thing is, has to be something that can be put on a CD, so downloadable is best.

To say, I will be handing the list over to someone who can get the songs legally for a bar to use!

So, is there a song that best represents the US, in football, the best? Of course, for me, England is easy! 3 Lions, Vindaloo, etc.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

14. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How about to the tune of Knick Knack Paddy Whack

Pizza Hut, KFC
    You live in South African Maccy Ds
    Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney its a goal
    First Round exit, Yanks ******** off home

15. hyperbowl

hyperbowl New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7O8xNA2JQ"]YouTube- Hyperbowl - England! - Official England World Cup song[/ame]

16. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scores with his left!
    He scores with his right!
    That boy Clint Dempsey
    Makes England look shite!

17. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shite is an English expression and the chant is an English football chant. How about you make american themed chants and get some soccer originality;)

18. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Seriously, why would you want to copy boring English chants? Argentina and Germany have much better songs.

19. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know very well its origin, I simply think it would be ironic if he scored and we could chant it back at the Englishmen who started it.

@HighburyForever- I'm going with the response that naturally English chants are our language as well, and that most people would prefer to speak their native tongue, and therefore wouldn't be interested in Spanish/German chants. Seems common sense to me.

20. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boring English chants? You probablies dont know half of the decent ones.

Van Persie, when a girl says no Molest her. Tune below

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owKkSxGT8Ng"]YouTube- Artful Dodger Feat. Craig David - Re-Rewind[/ame]

21. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'm talking about your national team chants. I do know most of them as I have a grandfather from England. You have to admit, they're pretty lame and boring compared to countries like Argentina.

Chanting "England England England" over and over again is not very exciting. I'm not saying our songs are any better (they're pretty bad actually) but most of us are just getting into it this within the last 10 years.

22. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would that be the Germans who robbed Englands most famous chant?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QIAv2EoIP0"]YouTube- Lightning seeds three lions[/ame]

Before you slag England off like most on here why dont you do a little research.

23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    God Bless America,
    Land that I love.
    Stand beside her, and guide her
    Thru the night with a light from above.
    From the mountains, to the prairies,
    To the oceans, white with foam
    God bless America, My home sweet home.

24. McRob

McRob Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. I think this should be the no. 1 song of all USA supporters. It's a great song and everyone knows it (or should know it). I'd love to hear a full stadium sing this a cappella.

Even better, set a fixed time for it to be sung at every match, like 50:00 for 50 states, or 10:00 for the Bill of Rights.

25. Can anyone make excerpts from that Family Guy episode where the New England Patriots play the London Silly Nannies?

<Silly Nanny accent>
    "Those large gentlemen mean to do us physical harm! Let us flee to our carriage!"
    </Silly Nanny accent>