song list

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by keeper1031, Aug 27, 2008.

1. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWBY3cD2Vs"]YouTube - Ohio Players Love Rollercoaster 1976 Disco Funk[/ame]

Disclaimer: I much prefer the RHCP version of this song, but it wouldn't have the same connection.

2. W4Cage

W4Cage New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love Rollercoaster = Horrible Sports Song
    Same with Shout and Twist & Shout. They're meaningless. Shout is good for after goals I guess, but not as the song of the club.

3. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I go to just about every Browns home game, I miss a few now that I have a daughter, however. I will not, at any point, join in the Hang On cheer. I hate it. I'm so sick of hearing about OSU and all that living in NE Ohio. All of you that graduated and live in and around Columbus it makes sense. I wish people up here weren't so over the top as I would like to like OSU again as a second team (like I did before they beat Miami for the NC, which is the last game I rooted for them), but their fan base up here makes it undoable for me. Because of this and at the current time my ultimate hatred for their NE Ohio fan base I loathe the idea of going to Crew games and this being the Crews "Anthem". However I know me being 3 hours away and one fan doesn't really count for much of a voice.

As said I'd like to see something way more original and some chants that aren't used by every other team in Ohio or every other MLS team. I really liked some of the other song ideas listed that were original.

4. shoplifter

shoplifter Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thought of an actual use for a Breeders song, albeit not as a club anthem -

"Divine Hammer" -> "Hebrew Hammer"

Subject matter notwithstanding, I sure something could be done with it.

5. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trXWK51180A"]YouTube - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Thuggish Ruggish Bone "HD Sound"[/ame]

:D One of the greatest songs of all time

right after the 2:54 mark is what I'm talking about.

6. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all actuality I think this would be one of the coolest songs to sing as supporters for our boys get everyone involved just watch how the crowd reacts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AvNm8zubo"]YouTube - The Proclaimers 500 Miles (live 8)[/ame]

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
    And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
    To fall down at your door

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
    And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
    I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
    And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
    To fall down at your door

----
    someone could edit to make it fit better for the crew but I've always thought it would be cool to sing this for them it's a song everyone could join in on because a lot of people know it.

7. BeMassiveSoccer

Jul 27, 2007
    Relegation Zone
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wow, that is actually a great idea. I can totally picture the Nordecke singing along with that and jumping like those fans in the video. :)

8. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks man, I thought it would be cool because most of the Noredecke probably knows the song and so do the people at Crew Stadium, so then they can all join in also with us.

I love this line, because in reality Im paying an ass load of cash to get to Crew Stadium and that's not even counting the season tickets.

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
    And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
    I'll pass almost every penny on to you

9. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta say, I think it's funny that everyone gets all "no we can't have a cheer leader because thats cheesey and fabricated". Meanwhile we use the same songs and chants (for the most part) that ever other soccer team uses. What's cheesier? Having someone lead us and maybe organize? Or when you turn on any MLS game hearing the same chants we use just changing the name of the team in the song?

We really need to replace some of the cookie cutter crap with some new original stuff. Badly. I know I'm stating some of the obvious here and not stating any solution but seriously I think the discussion of HOW we fix it needs to start up. Maybe I'm the only one this annoys maybe not. If it doesn't lets talk about it and get some stuff talked about. We can talk about it in person as well at the last home game and then have months of offseason to get stuff going.

I think the "yeah but people already know the old standbys" arguement is crappy too. Me and my wife came down and learned all the chants by first half and were joining in. Next game we brought 2 people and they had done the same. I am willing to print off copies of new songs to pass out or whatever else is needed. Let's talk it out. See what everyone likes. Maybe talk about songs we do and don't want to use then we can poll to see what we want to try or whatever. I think most of the groups are at least well represented on bigsoccer.com. Hoping this just gets some more talk going.

Also not on this forum we had talked about getting a flip card display going. What do we need to do? Lets start talking about that too. I would think home opener is a good game to get something done fore because of long time between now and then and Nordecke should have a good turn out.

10. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like your enthusiasm. We need more people who want to work towards something and actually get it accomplished.

Lets plan a meeting. A meeting for figuring out how to implement growing the new chants into the mix. I think a face to face would help. I know of a half dozen people I go to during the games to get a chant I want to do going.
    . because they know the chant or will learn what I'm saying quickly and repeat it.
    2. because they are willing to tell others and or yell loudly.

To me its that simple. We need to create a network of people who do just that. Know the new chants and do them loudly. We then can get them spread out in certain areas of each section so it can grow from all around.

The issue is finding ways to communicate effectively from these different points during the game about which chants we are about to do and when to do them.

And thats where I feel a nice meeting of the minds, and a face to face meet and greet would help figure out who we all are and allow us to set a strategic plan on where we need to be in each section, as well as go over the new chants we want to implement.

I feel like this can be accomplished before the Union game on the 24th. Is everyone else in on the same page?

11. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well here is where I go from your best friend to someone you want to kick in the ass haha. I live 3 hours away. I am all for bringing materials, bringing copies, giving input where I can. However 3 hours there (with no traffic or stops) and 3 hours back for a meeting is a little rough for me. I would be all for going somewhere before the game on the 24th or whatever but other then that its a little rough. Hell I have friends in CBus. I could probably even make something work the night before and crash at someones place with little issue. Also on the 24th I am trying to get some people down for their first game so I can get voices to try stuff then too.

12. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only the bullhorn I had bought didn;t suck ass. I wonder if policeman Brook might not have a better option?

Or, as I suggested back then too, 2 way walkie talkies would work perfectly, and if you got them then you could have multiple people in all the groups have one...

13. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I assume you'd want me to be involved in this meeting of the minds. Let me know and I'll try to meet up. Especially if there are beverages involved.

14. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also would like to help out as much as I can by attending the meetings, but I live almost four hours away on top of a full time job and full time school. If you do meetings, you should make a thread and post all the topics touched, (songs, tifo displays, and etc) and what people on here can do to help. I am willing to spend as much money as possible to help with displays Is there any type of paypal donation thing we could get going for the off season to help with making tifo for the 2011 season?

15. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on personal study of the section (in conjunction with the league's sections) in the past two seasons, must spread rep............

16. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should we maybe put something up in the main forum? It seems like the supporter's section is rarely used or has little input. I can't imagine with all the people that will scream at each other for issues such as if they should or shouldnt renew tickets that no one but 4 or so of us care about this. Meeting or not I think we should start the talk where people read it and get the ball rolling so if there is a meeting people bring ideas to it, not start thinking when they get there.

17. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Longest reply ever. 'Bout to type it, like to hear it?....Here it goes;)
    Either a person is plain myopic or just doesn't watch enough matches on TV to notice what IS working with other MLS teams. The more organized supporters sections (Chicago, San Jose, Seattle, NY, Philly,TFC, Montreal, Portland, hell, I've seen a stand in New England) for the most part use a system of involving a capo or leaders to start the vocals. Sometimes their matches sound like a damn DJ Tiesto set, song after song after song, some breaks, but there's always something going. Maybe it's the "stubborn Ohioan" in some, but there have been those to oppose by saying, 'oh, we don't want to be like them, we want to be our own lil Nordecke'. Let me tell you something, those other supporter sections were willing to be open-minded to ideas that have WORKED from stands globally, and adopted the idea for their own gain.

I've noticed there are actually creative minds in and around the Columbus area *gasp*. I mean there have been some solid song ideas posted here, has been for a couple of years now. However a problem IMHO has been that some songs having several lines don't jump off like they could have due to those not knowing the lyrics, or maybe a hint of laziness in learning the songs. We all make fun of Section 8 and Chicago doing anything with Fire Fire Fire Fire in it. But when you look at the bigger picture, they have people who are collectively active in the vocals, organized and in rhythm. They have several vocals to choose from to where they can keep it going should they choose too. The point of this is, simple is sometimes, if not often the best approach. Now granted we don't want to be UNcreative, because a hardest working supporter section will actually put some effort, sack up, and learn vocals with several lyrics.

What needs to be done is people stepping their game up even higher. Those that live in Columbus have to find a way to get more fortitude and not be so darn scared to let their creativity out, especially in a city full scholars and students. Blake, Jeromi, Craig, or whoever else have been carrying the section. At some point people just have to forget about how others will perceive them, or them perceived as looking stupid or gay (yes I've heard that comment with regards to holding up tifo displays:rolleyes:)

I'm telling you, the addiction to supporting a team all out/100% can be contagious.

Some have been doing that in 140. But again, without leadership, you get those in 141 or 140 that will start a chant that is complete opposite of what begins in one of the sponsored group areas.

That has been an issue, well, when some of the section isn't even focused on the game itself. Have various sections of the Nordecke starting a chant at the same time is simply a lack of organization (goes back to people looking for leadership from someplace).

I agree and quite frankly there should be a hot-wash or meeting, often. That's what successful supporter sections do. It helps keep communication open and discourages hidden agendas.

Now send me some gas or tire money!!! LOL

18. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoma you want to post something like that in the main forum to get the convo going? This NEEDS done. Thought from someone everyone recognizes and knows is probably pretty key to making it work.

19. Chad is Dead

Chad is Dead Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8QZ0OsQ5g"]YouTube - YELLOW BLACK song (extended version)[/ame]

20. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playoff time has me all sorts of pumped up for this Thursday and for next Saturday.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise Meeeeeeeen Sayyyyyyyyy
    Only Foooooooooools Ruuuuuuuushh Innnnnnnnn
    Buuttt Iiiiiiiiiiiii Caaaaaan't Heeeeeelp
    Falllllllllinggggg iiiinn Loooooooovvveee Wiiiiiiiiiiiith Youuuuuuuuuu

Taaaaaaaaakkkkke Myyyyyyyyy Haaaaaaaaaanddd
    Taaaake Myyy Whooooooooolle Liiiiiiiiiiiiife Tooooooooooo
    Buuttt Iiiiiiiiiiiii Caaaaaan't Heeeeeelp
    Falllllllllinggggg iiiinn Loooooooovvveee Wiiiiiiiiiiiith Youuuuuuuuuu

21. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need some organization guys, this video just makes me so jealous.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSL1osoptzs&feature=related"]YouTube - Allez Allez Sankt Pauli[/ame]

I really want to accomplish stuff like this, everyone jumping up and down. I thought it was funny at the match Sunday against the Union, a guy was waving his flag next to me having a great time but some douche yelled put your flag down and when he didn't he started being cussed at. Why do people insist on standing in the noredecke and not want to get involved? I understand you want to watch the game but the whole part of being in the supporters section is to jump up and down scream your heart out for you club.Watching the game is important but not as much as singing and jumping up and down and that is not one of the things the douche bags behind us were doing.

I also thought it would be cool if we used this song

Allez Allez (how ever many times they do it)
    Columbus
    Oh Columbus
    Oh columbuuuuuuussss

22. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've already got a plan in store for "THAT GUY" to tell me to put my flag or two-stick down. Don't worry, it's not violent.[​IMG]

At any rate, yes, organization combined with overall accepted creativity to fresh, new songs/chants will elevate the Nordecke. I've noticed away sections that travel to our stadium do mention that we have legit numbers in that corner, but we collectively could do a helluva lot better.

23. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100% man another thing that has always bummed me out when ever we are down a goal or more which isn't to often, about 90% of the noredecke is quiet we need to change that. If we are down that is when we should be cheering even louder to let our boys know we are behind them win or lose to push them.

Also someone should start a thread like this in the main forum because this isn't being talked about to much the playoffs are about to start in about 10 minutes but soon we should get everyone involved in this thread to get ideas out there and new songs started.

24. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wording of the thread title would have to be clever, because most things involving the section directly would probably be moved here by moderators. Since you have the idea for the thread starting, you just volunteered :p In seriousness, next Saturday should be rocking with passion.............even if it's with overused song/chants:(

25. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did it...though not that clever HHM posted and did not move it. So let the fun begin.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576812