Son of Washington: Bryan Olivera at Fluminense FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Tom Collingsworth and Testudo repped this.
  2. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this site is saying he was signed from somewhere in Uruguay. Can anyone tell by the article if he has actually represented them?

http://www.grifoni.org/node/39305

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Says eh will officially join them in the spring. He was with them for a young tournament.

Their signing him it says because his great grandfather is Italian.

5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
  6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    That article is dated from 2011. He has already played and scored in Primavera games since joining in Early Spring 2012.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just read the article not the date of it.

So yea he has represented them. But I dont think the USA is on his radar at all.

8. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Nahuelo

Nahuelo New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Hi, i'm new in this forum and i'm a big friend of Bryan. Bryan is a player who can play at striker or a ofensive medfielder, he borned in florida because his father is a football player who used to play in the MLS but they are uruguaians. Bryan was a player of danubio in formatives but his last team in Uruguay was Club Deportivo Maldonado of the second division where he used to play in the first team. He's really good at shooting and skilling, is very technical and fast

10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    What is his father's name?

11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Washington Olivera?

12. Nahuelo

Nahuelo New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Washington Olivera

13. Nahuelo

Nahuelo New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Yes he is

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played in the old NASL. I never saw him play but I found him on Google.:thumbsup:

15. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started the last 2 games & was subbed off.

17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
  18. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he still at Genoa?

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  21. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is good to hear. I wonder if he is interested in playing for the US?

22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    He does seem to be playing regularly for Defensor. At his age, that seems reasonably impressive.

What I can't tell is whether he's had any involvement with Uruguay at any level. He's a '94 so next step would be U23s I suppose.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  23. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope US Soccer knows about him.

24. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #24 Testudo, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Google Translate: "After almost two months of tests in Valley Training Center of Orange, in Xerém Finally, the Uruguayan Bryan Oliveira signed a deal with Fluminense. A promising young defender belonged to the traditional club of Uruguay, and now signs contract with the Tricolor for 3 years. The deal was done in partnership with the investor Gerson Oldenburg.
    On Feb. 19, the under-23 team will participate in the tournament Fluminense Walt Disney World Pro Classic in the United States, and now Bryan strengthen the team. Probably will not have problem with the documentation, as the Uruguayan has Italian citizenship, so have EU passport. "
    http://www.vavel.com/br/futebol/flu...em-uruguaio-e-contratado-pelo-fluminense.html

[​IMG]
    Google Translate: "The biggest bet is on the Uruguayan winger Bryan Olivera, 20 years. Son of former Uruguayan striker Washington Olivera, who starred in the Uruguayan national team and Vasco in the 1970s, has virtues which delight not only Simone Fernando as the coach of the junior Marcelo Veiga.
    - It's a creative midfield, operates in various positions, liked him better in middle of 10 classic Left, playing in front of the goal, gives good shots from outside the area. But can play rearmost half or down the side. Moreover, it is raçudo, infects the team - said the coach.

With three-year contract with the Flu, Bryan Olivera, who has been proprietor, lives with the other foreigners in the premises of CT Xerém. Former Deportivo Maldonado, Uruguay's second division, and Genoa, Italy, returned to his country to play at the Fluminense defender when discovered in December 2013. After adapting to heat and colleagues new club, the young, brother of two former players (Fabian and Alejandro Olivera Olivera), welcomes his future in Rio de Janeiro.

- Brazilian football is good for me. I feel at home. I have no problem switching position. In front, can act on the left, right, center. Play more centralized, with 10. Here has many socks working. Have vertical game forward. I love to assist and kick. Seeking train hard free kicks. My way of playing is similar to the Brazilian. I think I fit well. I'm happy, happy. I like the joy you have here. I have more freedom to create, my favorite."
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...ileiros-seguem-garimpo-para-achar-pepita.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Is that Kenedy behind him on the right?

Anyway, get this kid a US U-21 invite pronto.

@bungadiri - Sons of Washington: Bryan Olivera at Fluminense FC

25. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.