Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's not an award I care much about, but Son has won the Supporter Clubs' Player of the Year at Spurs. Voted by the many supporter clubs around the world, he'll be given it at the game later today.
    The one that matter is the One Hotspur Player of the Season, which will also be handed out at the game. Voted by members and season ticket holders. Can only be between Son and Sissoko imo.

TigersOfAsia2, chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  2. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Player of the season. Congratulations SHM. An amazing season and such a treat for all of us.

Hyok, Testator, piesofmeat314 and 4 others repped this.
  3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

helo, seolseol, Krillin and 4 others repped this.
  4. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1479 dudedudedude, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    I am excited for this CL final. So glad to see him doing so well. What a great season for him. I haven't been watching much football in the past 3 years. So many new names... Based on what I've read, Liverpool seems heavily favored? how true is this?

ugh i can't take the heartbreak of PJS's manchester United vs. Barcelona Finals

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

they are deep in their roster. and they have been great, i'll give them that. last season's Spurs were better than this year's and injury riddled season it has been so yeah, "heavily favored" is not an understatement.

dudedudedude repped this.
  6. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    damn this is not what i wanted to hear.

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the fact that it was Sonny carrying the team when Kane was out and it was Sonny that scored the first two goal in their new stadium and that it was Sonny that carried them into the CL Semi's....so it's LFC's CL title to lose.

...It's all gravy for Tottenham

8. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    source: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/may/clean-sweep-of-awards-for-heung-min-son/

So many achievements for Son this season:

-Asian gold
    -London player of the year beating the likes of Hazard and Aubumeyang who both had a terrific year
    -First player to score in Tottenham's new stadium for both domestic and europe games
    -Player of the season for Tottenham
    -Goal of the season (again)

Now imagine topping it off with a UCL gold.

taelee1127, teioh, jessypjs and 5 others repped this.
  9. Goguryeo

Goguryeo Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Son and his buddies

chook90 repped this.
  10. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019
    jessypjs, chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:...he's branching out to the Korean Mkt....:laugh:

13. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Smart man.

He knows where his audience is coming from.

nmssis repped this.
  14. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Smart?

Took him long enough.

15. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Pressure is all on Liverpool since if they lose, they'll have nothing to show for their record-breaking season. Not even a lousy League Cup or whatever.

The good thing is the pressure balance is like 100:0 in terms of Liverpool to Tottenham. But the actual talent balance is probably more like 65:35 with some key Spurs returning (e.g. Winks, possibly Kane) and others getting much-needed rest and healing (e.g. Dele, Eriksen, and ofc, Son).

If Liverpool loses, it'd be catastrophic. If Tottenham loses, it'd be okay b/c we weren't supposed to be here anyway and we've got loads of room to improve with some spending finally.

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    but just imagine the meltdown....:geek:

17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    a loss for tottenham wont feel any better for their fans than it would for liverpool supporters. if anything tottenham has a lot more to lose as the difference between winning and finishing runner up could be the deciding factor between retaining all their key players or having to sell them. liverpools reputation wont take such dramatic hit from losing

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Look at this dumbass who decided to log out of his 5th troll account (krillin) and decided to post again under "The Hyphen", realizing that BS Korea is dead (thanks to trolls such as The Hyphen) and hoping that his return would get a rise out of BSK.

Go away. No one posts here anymore for a reason. I know you're going to reply to this so go ahead. Don't expect a response from me as I'll be elsewhere.

19. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Lol, jesus christ, just saw this. Not everything is connected. You're one of those people who believe in the illuminati aren't you? I love how you make your comment then immediately use your defense mechanism of "oh I totally won't reply or see your message, haha I got the last word," despite having been on this site for 10+ years since it's your main form of socialization LOL.

20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    IPs don't match. if a guy is switching IPs to troll on here, the joke is on him.

you just sound crazy by caring so much

nmssis and Krillin repped this.
  21. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Jeez...was sort of expecting a hello from you at the very least.

nice demo of your complete loser mentality, hype. nuff said

clap clap

sac517 and Krillin repped this.
  22. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1497 TaegukRedDevil, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    If you can see IPs, then why didn't you insta-ban Gaemamusa and kangin16 when they were obviously the same member who got red carded previously?

melonbarmonster repped this.
  23. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Hahaha thanks for confirming what a ********ing joke this guy is. Now let's get back to the topic of our star Son.

24. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    For Tottenham, there's an undeniable feeling that the best is yet to come: new stadium and more spending. Yeah, Eriksen and Toby might leave, but the likes of Kane, Son, Dele, Rose, and Vertonghen aren't going anywhere. Plus, there's the prospect of great new talent like Ndombele, Wan-Bissaka, Ceballos, and Sessegnon coming in to instantly take their team to the next level.

But for Liverpool, how much better can they get? They've already put together one of the greatest Premier League seasons of all time. They've got world-class players at almost every position. How much better can Salah, Mane, and Van Dijk play?

I think if Liverpool lose this, it'll feel like them having thrown the hardest punch they will ever be able to throw and still not getting the KO they needed.

nmssis repped this.
  25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

This is why sporting events are so much fun....nothing ever goes accordingly to what's on paper

chook90 repped this.