Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Only three?

2. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son was junk first half. Tripping over the ball, slow of mind and feet. Second half he played very well. Stretching the defense with his runs with and without the ball and asking all sorts of questions. Creating space for Moura and Dele. In total a 6.5 to 7 today.

3. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    We only have one more game to go (Everton), which litearlly does not matter for our Top 4 given we don't lose by 4 or some shit. Which means less chance for injuries/re-injuries. Hopefully we'll have our full squad as an option for the Final, which will give us a decent shot. Even if we don't, we've still won ~50 million from this whole ordeal.

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  5. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting decision for Poch. Kane will start, if fit. Can’t see Lucas Moura sitting on the bench after his hat trick. Alli and Eriksen will start as well. As hard as it is to imagine, Son might not start for the final and be brought off the bench for some offensive firepower if Spurs are chasing a goal.

6. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Most likely you’re an obvious troll, but I couldn’t help but respond to this post. What is this “we” business?? Weren’t you the one calling for Son to leave this shitty club? Bi-polar much? o_O:confused:

7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    i doubt he will be benched considering how Poch has treated him recently unless Son performs terribly during training sessions.

8. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Tottenham looked much better when Son came on as a substitute in their previous clash against Liverpool. Push Eriksen back to CM and have both Moura and Son start on the wings.

Testator and nmssis repped this.
  9. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It'll be a tough decision for Poch.

But if Kane is fit enough to start, I think Moura will benched but come on as an impact sub. Yes he carried the team today, yes he scored the winning goal, but Son has been much more reliable and consistent this season.

nmssis and Gash Basher repped this.
  10. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Son played a big part in the 2nd goal, with the nice pass to Trippier who squared it to Llorente whose shot caused that chaos.

Not sure why some people are doubting his starting spot in the final. Would be insane for Poch to not start him.

11. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    While I agree with much of what you say, this is the business end of the season, a one-off final. Not sure if reliability and consistency will sway Poch's decision more than current form. Son hasn't looked all that great since the City match and Moura just scored a hat trick. Tough decision but Poch might feel the need to be a bit ruthless. This could be his and/or Tottenham's one and only chance at CL glory.

12. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not saying it's the right decision, but I'd put it at 50/50. Having said that, the long extended break until the CL final should be good for Son.

13. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    To be honest, even if Harry Kane is fit to play, would you really wanna start a player who has not played for over 3 months at a Champions League final? Again this is a player who is coming off a long term injury. Harry is Tottenhams best player, but i think Poch would take current form into consideration.

Whether or not Son starts, the team will need impact subs. Llorente is one, Son or Lucas will have to be the other if Harry starts. If not, Harry can be the impact sub.

14. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unbelievable result today. I was at a Spurs bar in San Francisco today, have live reactions with some hardcore fans. Will have to upload here later.

Son did not play too well, but he was still a threat

15. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    True on Poch needing to be ruthless and I'd be lying if I hadn't thought of that possibility. In fact the mere thought of it gave me harrowing flashbacks of when Park Ji-sung was excluded from the lineup in Moscow after performing so well against Barca.

However if Moura, who I presume will start against Everton, performs exceptionally well I think Poch will have to go with him over Kane or Son even if the former is fit enough to play. I guess it's a good problem to have for Poch.

16. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Did you forget that Harry Kane got injured during the 1st leg CL Man City game? So he did play a CL game a month ago, though he couldn't finish it.

17. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    I know it's 90% probability that Son will start over newly patched up Kane or Moura but I'm still traumatized from the PJS incident.

I'm honestly going to stress about it until the lineup is revealed.

18. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Difference is though that PJS didn’t even make the squad. There’s no doubt that Son will play whether he starts or comes off the bench.

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    in that match PJS was about the only player that did anything. the team was not playing well...but yeah the thought has crossed my mind.

However, Liver and Spurs know each other well so it will be most interesting.

20. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    It'll be a hard choice but Kane should start on bench.

nmssis repped this.
  21. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Testator and Gash Basher repped this.
  22. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    JoeKamel repped this.
  23. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Son's reached a level where you start him no matter what and live with the consequences if he has an off game.

24. coated

coated Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Son did not have a good game, but I would say that a large reason for that is the defensive attention Ajax gave him. He faced constant double teams whenever he tried to do anything, which showed the respect Ajax showed about his scoring threat.

Also, I couldn't help but shake my head at seeing Tott's state of health throughout this game. Trippier with an apparent groin injury, Wanyama hobbling around after coming out, Vertonghen with a face mask, Alli's sleeve for his arm, Lamela finally coming on after being injured for several games, Kane being out, Winks out with an injury (not a key player but adds some depth) It honestly felt like a lot of duct tape was the only thing keeping this team from falling apart.

All this coupled with the fact that they were down 3-0 agg makes this win really impressive as they could've easily just folded. Much credit to Poch and Spurs

25. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know we're all traumatized by the 2008 PJS-Moscow incident, but in 2019 Moura is PJS while Son is the undroppable superstar.