Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Remember our victory over Greece in 14?

Of course Son can play and we can experiment but theres not too much one draw from a game played at half speed. And 180 minutes is far more likely to cause Son to get hurt than teach us something we hadn’t known for years now.

Kanuck repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Rest Son against N.Ireland and play him against Poland.

3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He obviously shouldnt play fulltime for both matches. Pretty sure STY knows about it as he already said he's worried about burnout.

4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he was not worried about burnout but rather that Son would go into a rut by the time WC rolls around...but yes, no reason to burn him out.

5. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    absolutely no need for him to play Sonny more than 1 half per friendly.

like others have said, tweak your team and your formation, see who fits in where and use your subs smartly.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's the only public game against a WC participant (Poland) and we should use SHM not more than 1 half? I completely disagree with you.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    SHM's official EPL rank is 8. Brilliant. Hopefully he can break it into top 5.

Sons of Thunder, msc43, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  8. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that's just me being selfish because it's a friendly.

Poland have a very good team. we know who their stars are and they normally play a straight up 4-4-1-1. great, great friendly for us. i totally get where you're coming from but Sonny is the least of our worries, STY needs to be measuring other players and the Poles are a great opportunity to do just that. Norn Iron too.

LKH needs more mins to keep building up confidence. no more time for things like KJC playing Forward. would even like to see Cho Hyun-woo get a start vs Northern Ireland. but that's all talk for the Pre-Match thread.

aeh1991 repped this.
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Son should play against Poland in order for us to know how our best stack against this really good team.

10. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Carvalhal says that if Korea had 9 more players like Ki and Son, they could win the World Cup. I don't agree, because they are not consistent enough.

Bom23 and jessypjs repped this.
  11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You do know...Nobody here cares about your posts or opinions? You are wasting your time posting in hopes of riling someone up...but no one cares about you here.

12. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

We know that if Kane is out Son will be taking PKs. Who takes them for Swansea?

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I think it's the younger Ayew still.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  14. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both Ayew brothers out tomorrow. Jordan suspended and Andre cup-tied from Hammers.

extremely favourable for Spurs to say the least.

15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Chance for Bony? XD

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bony is out with ACL tear. No lols.

17. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Son needs to stop doing that faint during PKs... I ********ing hate it when players do that garbage move.

wetcrispy and nmssis repped this.
  18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lol didn't know. Though that he doesn't play because of bad form. So the trust goes to Tammy I suppose.

19. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Yes, I know that nobody agreed when I said that Park would be a non-factor in the second half of the 2011 Champions League final, and they even said I was trolling. They said I was trolling when I said that Manchester United would find it difficult to connect 3 passes together. They said the same when I said, shortly after Manchster United signed him, that Mourinho's management style is outdated. Same when I said shortly after he won his first two Olympic medals that Park Tae-hwan was likely using drugs. Same when I said that Ahn was not fit enough to deserve a place in the 2010 World Cup squad (it turned out he couldn't even participate in much of the practices). It is obvious why so many of the fanboys here hate my opinions!

Steven511 repped this.
  20. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Poch puts out an interesting lineup. Can Son be effective up top against a compact 5-back team?

21. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    OMG, Sonny had a pure CLASS Sonaldo goal disallowed. Beautiful run, followed by an unbelievable 1st touch, followed by a lethal finish. they even VAR'ed it but it was deemed a touch offside. replays looked like he was just onside though.

but it was brilliant. if we saw highlights in passing, one would have thought it could easily have been Ronaldo.

0 - 1 Spurs Erikesn '11 (great goal)

Sons of Thunder, nmssis and aeh1991 repped this.
  22. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so far, yes, yes and yes.

nmssis repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He looked tad bit offside...

24. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I'm not seeing that. He is not getting enough space to create, taken on defenders or shoot.

25. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yah, when they first ran the replays it looked clear off. but then they ran isolated replays and he was on.

either way, Spurs fans are going to feel hard done by and we now have our latest VAR controversy. this non goal will probably be discussed ad nauseum in Britain tonight. in the end, this looked like one that should have been reversed.