Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #751 Seol Korea, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    I swear it's gotta have to do something with the color yellow.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    too early to judge?

seolseol repped this.
  3. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I've made up my mind to enjoy it while it lasts rather than criticise him for being inconsistent at times. I mean, he has like 2 years max in Europe if he doesn't earn exemption this year, and then it's K3 for him. What are the chances he returns to Europe when he's 30? Slim I suppose. I don't think we'll get an entertaining Korean attacker like him for a while.

Saba Risto, krnxsnoopy, Kanuck and 4 others repped this.
  4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    LKI

5. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    While I'm sure LKI will provide us plenty of jizz-worthy highlight vids, I doubt he'll score as much as SHM. Son is pretty much the most prolific Asian player of our lifetimes and we might not see another one like him for quite a while.

I don't see how people can be against him getting exemption when he is literally such a one-off individual at this point.I think it's just that no one wants to be the one that takes the heat for taking the steps of granting him exemption.

6. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very true. Moreover, I think it's safe to say SHM is the first to truly break the Asians are just "tidy" and "disciplined" players stereotype, and not in a bad way. PJS may have had higher honors, but he wasn't the type of player SHM is. I don't expect anything from our NT in Russia, however I am desperate for us to win the AG, solely for SHM's exemption.

chook90 repped this.
  7. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    People keep the faith and be realistic, South Korea will win the Asians Games. I'm thinking the bigger problem will be Son missing from most of preseason/potentially the start of the Spurs season. That's how confident I am that they will win gold.

8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's been consistent enough for the past few months including the last months of the last season. He's not an invisible ghost even when he doesnt score anymore.

Considering how he used to score multiple goals in one match and went invisible for a few weeks, he's improved so much.

9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Now that Son is becoming an indispensable part of Spurs' game, what are the chances that they will release him for the Asian Games in the first place? Since it's very likely that the 18-19 campaign will begin on Aug. 10th, they would lose him for first several league matches.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    They're already in discussions on when to release him unlike what Bayer Leverkusen did. I can see him playing from the knockout rounds to the gold medal match. He likely won't play in the group stages.

12th Player and chook90 repped this.
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lol with that manager, they even won't get past the group stage. No matter if HHC, KCH, etc play.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  12. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Pretty sure they know they will need to send him to army for 0 bucks if he doesnt get an exemption. I heard they are preparing to renew his contract. It's beneficial for both sides..

But what the fk is the point? I doubt we will win under this shitty manager, hired by KHG.

13. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They can survive without him. Remember he barely featured at the beginning of the season.

14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I honestly do believe Son will get exemption somehow or at least have it delayed to his mid-30s even if Son doesn't medal.

16. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    same here. even all of my of my most die hard "i had to serve so everyone else should as well" buddies feel that our boy should be allowed to at least delay his service if exemption is out of the question.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    declare him a national treasure :D

jessypjs and chook90 repped this.
  18. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know how non-football/soccer fans would feel about that though.

19. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  21. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    are you Fector's second account?

22. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    also to put it to bed and handle this maturely which I'm not sure you deserve but I'm going to be the bigger man and lay out the facts. What I said last year was that if Lamela came back and played like '15-'16, then in the bigger games like against RM, JUV, BAR, etc. Pochettino would prefer Alli, Eriksen, Sissoko, Lamela, Son. That's 5th, granted this goes to show you how pointless a lot of this speculation is. Rarely do things go like fans picture it in a straight line through the season. Injuries, form, natural improvement/regression is always taking place.

I'm actually kind of amazed at the lack of intelligence that you, hodori, fector, icecube have shown. You guys act like this is all you have and that your entire identity depends on westerners accepting Koreans in popular media. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when a poster a while back wrote how "he felt empowered by Korean footballers doing well in Europe and didn't care how the NT did". That post got like 5-10 likes. I'm literally one of the only ones here that actually lives in Korea. You, Fector, Hodori are identity crisis foreigners.

Ice cube repped this.
  23. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dafuq are you rambling on about

Ice cube repped this.
  24. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son has improved, but even back then he was 3rd or 4th.

I live in Seoul. I have lived most of my life abroad. You are incorrect in thinking that you have to live in Korea to be Korean. Fact is, many gyopos are more Korean in spirit than those in Korea. Being Korean is in your blood, not shown by the country of your passport. Life abroad can be a struggle with obstacles in many aspects of life, the fact that one maintains our Korean identity and make efforts to post on BSK deserves respect. Cudos to them and their parents too.

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    이건 또 무슨 지랄이야? ㅋㅋㅋ

Ice cube and TaegukRedDevil repped this.