Sometimes Fire Related: What are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by danimal60914, Jul 30, 2016.

1. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's not much but having too many can add up.

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  2. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time I had Coffee Eugene, I was at Rev's brewpub on Milwaukee, had one to finish the night, liked it and brought a growler home. I'd had coffee brews before, but just onesy/twosy type stuff. The next night was the night Notre Dame got curbstomped in the National Championship game, and I watched at home with my then roommate (who wisely opted for a growler of Anti-Hero) while drinking my growler of Coffee Eugene. I don't think I slept more then 20 minutes straight that night, and couldn't figure out why until the next day, when discussing with my friend, who explained 'what'd you expect to happen after drinking 60+ ounces of coffee beer, dumbass?'.

Since then, when enjoying a coffee beer (usually in the fall or winter), I've kept it to one or a sitting unless I'm starting waaaayyy early. I think that they're not legally allowed to make alcoholic beverages with caffeine in them (because of Four Loko or something), but clearly there's loopholes.

sportscrazed2 and bunge repped this.
  3. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
  4. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  5. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I thought. If you aren't even brewing your own beer and all you have is a recipe that can be had 99% of the way with other beers what exactly do you have other than a name?

7. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright have so much beer in fridge I could only fit 5 of these in there. Guess gotta drink the lonely one. IMG_20181115_140942116.jpg

8. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice- I’ve got the 3 Floyd’s / Pig Destroyer collab in the fridge that I’m planning on trying soon. We need more music/musician based brews in the world.

9. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Motorhead IPA is pretty good. The Trooper not so much. But, I'm still gonna drink it when I see Maiden next summer. Megadeth was decent if I rememeber correctly. A toute le monde I think that one was called.

harrylee773 repped this.
  10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  11. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw Widows now home on a rainy day. Continue to watch Michelle Rodriguez movies if I can find the blu ray remote? IMG_20181117_135019104.jpg

12. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Trooper was okay enough as a beer but drinking it didn’t make me think “Maiden”, for whatever reason. I’ve seen the Megadeth one but thought it was curious that the beer was only like 4.5 ABV or so for such a heavy band- pretty sure the place around the corner from me carries it though so will probably give it a shot at some point.

I’ve had North Coast’s Brother Thelonious and enjoyed it, but could never really find the right tunes to enjoy with it- probably a silly “complaint” but when your thing is “here’s a beer named in honor of a musician” I kinda wanna enjoy some music while drinking it. On the other hand, I never really “got” much of Miles Davis’ music, but about two sips into Bitches Brew from Dogfish Head, the album sounded sublime, and it’s one of my favorites now. I also had a Pipeworks brew made for Run the Jewels but it was pretty good with RTJ3, which isn’t hard for a beer to do but I appreciated it anyway.

The Motörhead IPA I hadn’t heard of, but I’m definitely gonna be on the look out for that. Also, somebody needs to make an AC/DC beer, because that would be a party in a bottle.

13. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AC/DC had a wine. Wasn't bad.

14. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like this more with every sip IMG_20181118_132524463.jpg

15. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm about 2/3 of the way through an Avery Pump[KY]n 2015 vintage- a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel-aged Pumpkin Porter (not to be confused with Avery Rumpkin, which is aged in rum barrels duh), and just ... damn. It's 15% ABV and just everything that is right with pumpkin and barrel-aged beer in one bottle. It's strong enough that I'm almost at the point where I can envision the Fire in the MLS Cup Final against FC Chicago City 2020 United at the Lincoln Yards Stadium in late November 2022 in my head. Almost.

xtomx repped this.
  16. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Line to buy bourbon county in Lansing. I'm an idiot

bunge and harrylee773 repped this.
  17. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I walked over to the Portage Park Binny's a little after 5 am. Ended up being 9th in line, earning myself the right to stand/sit/freeze for another 4 hours and spend $170 on 8 bottles of beer that didn't even include the most sought after release (the last Reserve went to the 6th person in line). I think that calling myself an 'idiot' is being a little lenient, tbh. Oh well, at least I'll be a drunk idiot at some point soon- losing self awareness by the sip makes it a lot more tolerable.

GHjelm and sportscrazed2 repped this.
  18. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5am? I was like 30th in line and i showed up 5 minutes before. Spent $70 on 4 bottles 2 of the variants. Sure it's high alcohol but still a pretty big ripoff imo. Should have bought this and drank while waiting
    IMG_20181123_111839165.jpg

GHjelm repped this.
  19. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Got a bottle of The Balvenie Double wood 17 as my 3rd Quarter bonus Scotch. If you want to try an easier-drinking scotch get this one. It almost taste like honey mead or some such thing.

20. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taco Bell is the only place I know with Gatorade as a fountain drink. Wonder why that is? They also have a taco for people who can't decide between crunchy and soft IMG_20181123_192237935.jpg

21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which circle of hell is the one with Malört sitting right next to Rumple Minze? Yikes!

The people ahead of me in line were camped out for a while, had plenty of booze, coffee, blankets, chairs. I had my iPad to read a book on in between bouts of warming up my hands ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The beer is way overpriced, but you pay for the hype, the marketing, the event, etc. It’s really great beer, of course, but there’s plenty of that around nowadays. Still, if we’re not at the in-laws next year, I’ll do again (but will probably go to the Lincoln Park Binny’s to get all of the variants plus the bonus stuff they have there). I’m not a very smart man.

23. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I probably won't because it's so expensive and basically a money grab. I got in line because I didn't see many people and I figured I'd be in an out quickly. Didn't count on waiting for the shipment to show up. What do they think they're gonna get robbed if they have it in early? At least I learned about a cool sounding bar owned by the guy in front of me in line and a brewery to check out. I can't justify spending $22 for a beer no matter how good it is.

24. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth