Software Advise Needed

Discussion in 'Coach' started by yu4c3h013, Feb 1, 2019.

1. yu4c3h013

yu4c3h013 New Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I need to find a software that isn't too expensive to map training sessions and tactical movements. Can anyone recommend something that's easy to use and has a good look and feel?

2. pu.ma

pu.ma Member

Feb 8, 2018
  3. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Why doesn't video work for you? Not sure what you are looking for. I don't know what "mapping" means. If mapping simply means recording, then video recording fits the bill. Are you looking for a mathematical tool for statistical analysis of play or a coach'es tool for communicating specific events to players?

4. yu4c3h013

yu4c3h013 New Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm looking for a software which I can plan sessions graphically. So something that has pictures of players and fields where I can move them around plan sessions and tactics. something visual.

5. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    #5 rca2, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    If you are a member of US Soccer, their digital coaching site has a session planner meeting those requirements. It has the advantage of being what they use during their license courses. I don't care for it myself, but I made my session plans with ordinary programs and drew old school symbols for players. (MS Paint and a word processor.) I print them out and can change them or make notes with pen or pencil.

Although I started working with computers in 1970, I am very comfortable thinking with a pen and pad of paper at hand. In fact I learned to program by drawing diagrams on paper. (It wasn't just me, that was how programmers designed programs before starting to write the lines of code.)

6. CoachP365

CoachP365 Member+

Money Grab FC
    Apr 26, 2012
    http://football.sharetheplay.com/

7. Rekyrts

Rekyrts Member

Sep 7, 2018
    As noted, US Soccer Session Planner is okay, especially if you're taking a course. If taking course, it's free, otherwise something like $25/year. You can sign up for it at dcc.ussoccer.com.

Here's video:

There is also the United Soccer Coaches-endorsed ASC: http://www.academysoccercoach.co.uk/US/UnitedSoccerCoachesCoachEducation/

Another one to consider is Tacticalpad.