Soccer Stat Analysis

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by nnelli, May 29, 2014.

1. andrzej77

andrzej77 New Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Here you are some statistics in unique form of infographics for 60 football leagues from all around the World. It's really worthy especially to match previews and bettings: https://sporticos.com/en-gb

Nicola1975 and EvanJ repped this.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. juipola jiuroi

juipola jiuroi New Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
  4. VonMillerDT

VonMillerDT New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hi. I’m new here and would like to ask something: I’ve been seeing ads to the Talent Spy software. Anyone know what is it about? I’ve been seeing their facebook page and one of the premises they advertise is enabling the organization of the players’ personal information, the creation of reports, the tracking of the players’ progress, etc. I found this information via this youtube video:

5. Peter Rival

Peter Rival Member

Oct 21, 2015
    As someone who's also a big fan of baseball all these statistics are great to see. I've often wondered what kind of statistical analysis could be performed on a game as fluid as this, and I'm not at all surprised to see statisticians taking on this challenge. I'm trying to figure out if this kind of analysis can be useful on the much smaller scale of small high school soccer where my son plays - for the most part right now that's all based on the eyes of individual coaches and what they like rather than necessarily on what works.

6. nnelli

nnelli Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I worked to group teams by playing styles and determine if any style is significantly "better" than the others. Here are my results!

7. nnelli

nnelli Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  8. nnelli

nnelli Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  9. nnelli

nnelli Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    EvanJ repped this.
  10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top three clubs (Leicester City, Arsenal, and Manchester City) have only one player combined on that list.

11. nnelli

nnelli Member

May 10, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Probably an argument to be made that more balanced teams (teams that don't have a high influence player) might be more successful, but I have nothing to back that claim up!