Soccer clubs in Memphis/West Tennessee

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by soccernutter, May 16, 2014.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't come to this area much at all, but if it is like the rest of BS, I figure there is a huge amount of knowledge, so I'd figure I'd ask: What is the best youth soccer club in Memphis/Shelby County/West Tennessee? I have a friend who has a kid of 7 or 8 and he has shown tremendous talent and desire to play in comparison to others he has so far played against. So, she asked me if I knew, and I figured somebody here might know (since I am not really involved in the soccer community here in Memphis).

Any info would be much appreciated.

2. midsouthsoccer

Mar 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lived there and coached my son in U5 and U6 but now live in Atlanta (moved a couple years ago). Like a lot of places it depends on the drive. I would say Collierville Lobos or Ole Soccer run by the head coach of Christian Brothers. Personally the Collierville soccer league at young ages is the best run league I have seen in Memphis / Jacksonville / Atlanta. They keep it 3v3 no goalies, fields are well maintained and parents have a good temperament.

I was not a fan of Falcons Futbol Club. At older ages the MidsouthFC club gets better. My blog in the footer of this message has some of my posts when he was playing in Memphis.

If you have anything more specific send me a message and i will try to answer.