Soccer cleats and insoles.

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by IllinoisRef, Jul 16, 2012.

1. IllinoisRef

IllinoisRef Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm a soccer referee and as such my choice for footwear is very limited to black shoes.

I mostly use the Adidas Team Mundial or adiNovas. While they have great leather uppers and great
    outsoles, they are not the most comfortable shoes when you are doing multiple games per day. They do not have much support since I overpronate quite a bit (roll my ankles inwards). I was told to look at some insoles but everything I tried so far seems to be too big or bulky. A friend suggested that I try the superfeet insoles. I wonder if anybody have any experience with them. They seem to offer 3 options, Black, blue and green (different thickness).
    My question is which one I should go with and should I remove the insoles that come with the shoes?
    They are glued and I wonder if removing them will cause any structural damage to them.

[​IMG]
    AdiNovas
    [​IMG]

2. cinepro

cinepro Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I use the Team Mundials for playing and refereeing, and I can't imagine them being more comfortable. But if you need more arch support or orthotics for some reason, then you would probably be okay removing the insoles. I've found that the shoes have stretched quite a bit and now I have plenty of room, so I could probably get some insoles in there no problem. If I ever have to replace them, I'll definitely go a half size down.

If you have any concern about causing long-term damage (which is highly unlikely in my opinion), ask a shoe repair guy.

3. oifla

oifla New Member

May 2, 2013
    indiana, USA
    i have those same adidas cleats and i removed the insoles to replace them without a problem.

4. Daniel YNWA

Daniel YNWA New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Check out benz7.com ! They have awesome replica soccer jersey. It looks just like the real jersey. Don't believe it? Check