So.. Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by KillerMoth, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Stephen Heisler

May 16, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI Austin...
    Regals FC faces the Charleston Battery, and the ASC New Stars (also from Houston) face the former Aztex, Orlando City on Tuesday night in the first round of the US Open Cup.

I would still love to see an Austin group pop up in time for to start this fall in the SPSL.

Stephen

2. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    So would I, but the supporter-run idea didn't take off. There weren't enough interested people..

If you haven't already, you might want to reach out to some of the local youth organizations, like Millennium (NSSL appears to have fallen through), River City Rangers, Austin Texans, or Lone Stars..

3. Stephen Heisler

May 16, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the RC Rangers would be a great group to work with...the problem is that all the kids have been cherry picked for the other programs.

You would think that the idea of a team, that plays at a higher level of play, could help to even the playing field in Austin.

Other youth clubs are doing exactly that, utilizing the SPSL team as the top team inthe program and steering everything above u16 into the SPSL side.

From a developmental standpoint, the stiffer competition will elevate the young players game, especially if they are mixed in with older experienced players.

We are going to announce the addition of our first commisioner early next week and the Rangers are high on the list of teams to approach again.

Stephen

4. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Thank you, David Markley!

5. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club: