so the site saves this stuff...

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by juvechelsea, Sep 23, 2015.

1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #1 juvechelsea, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    "From my perspective I am watching the equivalent of Texans fans saying Fitzpatrick will suffice. They are dooming the team to the very fate they think it will avoid."
    -JC, 2/23/15

"Jordan spent a lot of time, Cubo In The Summer aside, signing "depth" that can't really challenge a lineup that was not good enough to make the playoffs. "
    -JC, 2/19/15

and then by comparison, the hubris that was.....

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/houston-dynamo-2015-prediction-thread.2016556/

some of you did ok. many of you thought this was a 3-5 slot playoff team. I got abused in the offseason for being critical of our use of the tools in the window. hmm. perhaps you now want to rethink that browbeating. now all i hear is how we need a new roster and in fact the management can't be blamed for this bad a team. hmmm. except i was expressing alarm about the lack of personnel push already in the winter. a lot of those people are staffing minor league teams now.

additionally, the idea there is no coach or GM responsibility is somewhat hard to fathom when one compares your own assessments of the team with where it finished. though i believe you were generally too optimistic, that can also be understood as expecting more from the roster than what you got. how does that not reflect upon management? y'all have now revised your sense to more like what Hydro and I felt, without acknowledging that from your own perspective the gap between expectations and performance should not rationally fall solely on the roster you thought was "good enough."

but perhaps what i am witnessing is how those who claim i don't admit when i am wrong, are not exactly owning up to their own errors. hmmm. for example, though torres is a much better player, more fit, etc., he is not our saviour and is behind landin and koke on goals still. I took crap about Lopez. RR was going to fix everything. etc. nope, a rebuilding dumpster fire from day one. just as you all predicted. oops. more like people looking over a car that was just crash tested -- roof smashed in and dummy sticking out the front windshield -- and deeming it not roadworthy. you think? so maybe people will be a little more engaged and a little less snarky as we use each tool next year. or maybe not. likely not. txbill says i don't know soccer but he had us well into the playoffs. and everton for the title this year too probably. as likely as easter bunny, santa, and i coordinating next year's cash infusion.

WE'RE BRINGING IT GOLD PLATED IN 2016, B*TCHES!

2. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was off (apparently dumb too, because how can you be 3rd while behind 3 teams) on several of my picks. I was right on all the offensive individual awards. Really busted on Kofi, but I was never confident in that pick. There were moments we looked to be about 4th-6th spot in the Western Conference, but our consistency sucks. I'm chalking it up to being optimistic. Better luck next year..... Hopefully that's not the comment that every year will end with going forward.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Throttle down Kemosabe.
    Or at the least, you might consider naming your people who went long on Zalinsky Auto parts over Callahan Auto parts.
    Perhaps at the least make a Starting XI of our folks on our board that have some imagined "pitchfork in hand" and "rope for your neck" regarding what we have typed out on our predictions/opinions on all things Dynamo football.

All this has will thus serve a magnificent threefold side effect.
    They are: 1-You can focus your intent to rebuff.
    2-Lock down your rebuttal targets.
    And 3-specifically spare painting with a broad brush guys like me who actually take the time to read your thoughts and yet need no lectures on the in and outs of the beautiful game.
    Certainly not for a team that guys like me and my buddies that have literally watched 99.9% of all Dynamo matches, league and Cup, over the 10 years of our lives. We get it Juve.

4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I have to pat myself on the back for being dead on right: the cheeto chicken torta is the bomb.

El Naranja and Levy2k6 repped this.
  5. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never thought I'd miss Ryan Fitzpatrick, but...

And the Jets are 2-0.

6. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm still on path.

CHAMPIONS!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/alltime?group=ASSISTS&op=Search&form_id=mls_stats_alltime_form

well.. he passed Preki and Valderrama.

7. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    You look at his stats and he completed his passes and threw very few picks. Which got us to 9-7. His stats last year also show his accuracy drops at 10 yards + dramatically, and he threw just 9 passes last year beyond 30 yards. So we didn't give up turnovers but we also didn't move the ball. Hence 17 TDs. Which kept it down to 9-7. Which is why I say "suffices."

When we signed Hoyer and I checked his stats out, what I expected to happen was more volatility, that we would score more and also start giving up more picks. So we are averaging 1.5 TD passes per game (to Fitz's 1) but I have a feeling will also throw more Schaubesque picks. I think we have regressed at QB because we can't maintain drives consistently. Fitz was frustrating but low risk and completed 60%. These guys are just scattershot and complete 50% or less. Without Foster it's deadly. Even with Foster I expect it to be frustratingly inconsistent.

But the comparison to the Dynamo is they know the problem areas and yet even if they ship people out they don't improve the problems. Lightning Boswell too slow? Horst is worse as a player, not even sure RR on a good day plays that well. Still slow and vulnerable. I get people don't grow on trees but two years? It's very Texansesque.

8. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donde?

9. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    In the stadium, south side, don't remember which concession stand but same one that has a couple of different kinds of tacos.