So how are our chances of going to South Africa?

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Apr 9, 2009.

1. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Okay let's say we manage to beat North Korea at home and lose to South Korea away, what results do we want from other teams to qualify?

2. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    70% yes we're gonna be there IMO!

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The North Korea x Iran will be a very important game. If North Korea wins, all we need to do is beat NK with a 2 goal difference, so we will tie on points but qualify head to head record, but getting a point from SK, we would just need a point, and if we beat SK we just need to tie NK.

The second scenario is NK and Iran draw which could be very possible. NK would end with 11, while we are at 10 so we need to beat them and regardless if Iran wins UAE and SK, since they will end up with 13 points but we will qualify thanks to the head to head record against Iran.

Third scenario is if NK loses to Iran, we still need to beat them to take 2nd place, and hope that Iran doesn't win the rest of its games against UAE and SK.

In general, if we draw SK, and beat NK at home we should be at the WC. Even if we lose against SK and beat NK we got a good chance to qualify 2nd.

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's complicated but there's a real chance our poor goal difference can come back to haunt us. Anyone who thinks we can just go and beat NK by a 2 or 3 goal margin is living in dreamland.

Clearly, the best result for us is a draw between NK & Iran, but either way we really need to get a draw against South Korea to avoid the GD mess.

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Head to head record is the first thing they look at if we draw in points, so a 2-0 or a 3-1 is enough to qualify, and it is possible.

6. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, they look at GD first (this is FIFA, not AFC). And even head-to-head won't help us because they already beat us at home, so if we're level with them on points we might have to beat them by 2, 3, or possibly even 4 goals.

I don't know why you think 2-0 or 3-1 against NK is a realistic expectation. It will be hard enough beating them 1-0 or 2-1. They have the best defense in the group.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    first leave south africa concentrate on league decide match.what i think is first preferance.
    secondally chances about going to south africa more than 50% chances of saudi lies on other teams result specially north korea.
    third iran have got a new coach we dont know what miracle he can do for iran like what our NT coach did.if iran loses there nxt match against north korea then saudis chances will be boosted for atleast 3rd place.any other result in favour of iran saudi needs to win both the games.
    as for most os the football sites say saudi needs to win all 4 {of which 2 are completed mashallah}for automatic qualification in which i believe ..
    i hope south korea beating north korea have put us in yet again different situation..

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We played like absolute shit on their home ground and they still only managed to beat us 1-0. I'm feeling optimistic.:eek:

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    beating north korea is a easy job...they donot have that much experience playing in hot climate...

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys..., the first thing is to beat SK in SK just like we did to Iran in Iran ... If this is done so then the last match against NK will only be a formality ...

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Its all in Saudi Arabia's hands now.

South Korea only scored against sAUDI aRABIA once Saudis got a red card. Otherwise that match could have ended a draw or even a Saudi win.

So what i am saying is there's a large possibility Saudis can win in Southkorea. Saudi Arabia have done it before and we can do it again!

Saudi Arabia against North korea - 90% Saudi win, 9% draw, 1 % NK win!

If above happens, congratulations. We are in South Africa!:D

12. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Sah is an extreme optimist:D

13. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Hey what can i say!:)

Right now i am just enjoying the unpredictability of the Saudi team!