SLC Ticket Sales Tracker

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Apr 9, 2009.

1. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed this game is shaping up to be huge because you've got 4 teams who have won all their home games battling for only 3 guaranteed spots. Anyone who loses (or draws) to either El Salvador or T&T at home is going to very possibly find themselves heading to South America to try to make it to South Africa.

This game indeed is very important and I am thrilled that I can attend and sing and yell my lungs out to support our team in 4 days.

2. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a diehard Sooner fan (who just got Texas tickets today) and I will be there!

3. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Utah outlaw DVR and TIVO?

4. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    The distance between LA and SLC is 690 miles. About the same distance as DC to Chicago.

Good point regarding lack of CR ex-pats in the US.

5. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if this qualifier doesn't sell out,the stadium will be
    at about 98% capacity.

7. salchipapa619

salchipapa619 New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    SoCal
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Email received today:

There are only about 800 tickets left at the moment and it is expected to be completely sold out including obstructed view and standing room only places.

Garth Lagerwey
    General Manager & Senior VP of Soccer Operations
    Real Salt Lake

8. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I knew the game would inevitably sell out.

The only question is how many USA fans will Support our team? If the stadium is in a sea of blue I am going to barf.

Here's to a pro-USA crowd and a lot of early goals so the Salvadoreans go home early. :D

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have extra tickets in the US supporters section. Some of my group won't be able to make it.

I will sell to US fans only, at face value.

Chase
    SCB

10. Tottenradospur

Tottenradospur New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Hopefully it sells out today or tomorrow so those of us with extra tix can offload them in UT (I'll eat my extra before selling to an El Salvo fan).

11. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pack the barf bag.

12. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that I would pass this on from "behind the shield" - The official blog of RSL. They have posted an open letter from US Soccer
    http://rsltothecore.com/rslblog/?p=3024

Here are some interesting snippets from the letter -
    Prohibited ItemsPlease note the following updates to the prohibited item list for September 5:

No professional video/photography equipment (lenses more than 2” in length), including tripods
    No large instruments
    No poles
    No bottles, cans, coolers, containers or food and beverage of any kind
    No plastic horns, air horns or whistles
    No fireworks, flares or smoke bombs
    No pets (service animals exempted)
    No strollers or umbrellas in the seating bowl
    No weapons of any kind

In addition to the changes to the prohibited items list above, the remaining stadium policies for soccer events will be enforced.
    Supporters

Only supporters that have previously communicated with U.S. Soccer will have an opportunity to be security screened at a designated gate prior to doors opening and set-up in the designated supporters’ area. This list is now closed; no other requests can be accommodated. No other opportunity or allowances will be made for supporters to bring in large items thru normal gate security or stage their area.

Once again, we welcome you to the U.S. Soccer – El Salvador 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Qualifying match.

I am really worried about the yellow shirted security in the south end. I hope that they allow us to be a true supporters section but most likely they will "try" and impose their will much like some of the rent a cops @ the Home Depot Center have acted during Gold Cup and international friendlies. It just seems that USSF doesn't care. NOT ONE ADVERTISEMENT ON TV EVER RAN ANNOUNCING THIS GAME! That is not right at all.
    Oh well - Let's hope for a great showing despite all the idiots asked to "police" the section.
    Come on U-S!

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    By my count there's still over 900 tickets left, over 100 in Section 21 in the lower bowl and four sections with over 130-180 in the upper deck (202, 203, 236, and 237). Still eleven sections where you can get a block of 8 tickets together. Come on Salt Lake, get some groups together. Us out of towners are showing up. You can too!

14. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So everyday camcorder and digital camera is OK?
    I'm glad you posted this, I was just going to ask this question.

I'm taking my camcorder and digital camera.
    Not professional by any means.
    They *should* let me in with that, right?
    I hope so.
    In Chicago they were letting fans in.

15. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever you do, please don't light any smoke bombs......

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152083

16. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Amen!

17. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm doing my part. I bringing 17 other people to the match! I do wish there was some better support from the Salt Lake and surrounding areas but for some dumb reason the local media has refused to even discuss this game until this week. Local radio has not helped at all by not promoting the game and TV has not run any ads. I do wish the USSF would get on board and run some type of ad campaign but that is a pipe dream. I'm glad we're getting so much support from other states. Should be a fun supporters section tomorrow!

18. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pipping in for my part by bringing the chick from the front desk of the hotel and a friend of hers. Both of them are US supporters.

19. jessyca

jessyca Member

Jun 8, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. f4denz

f4denz New Member

May 22, 2006
    I have 6 tickets available for the match, great seats in section 4, row C seats 1-6. If you want more info check out the ad online

I paid $75 for a guy who had some people cancel on him, all I want is my money back.

21. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    According to the team blog on ussoccer.com, 18,500 tickets have been sold and 1,000 remain.

22. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Wow, can't sell out a 20,000 seat stadium. If the crowd isn't rock solid full of USA supporters I think USSF will be rethinking use of SLC as a location for qualifiers. SLC obviously was chosen to get a pro-USA crowd. If it can't deliver on that we'll be seeing games in other places (e.g., Birmingham, AL, Nashiville, TN, Columbus, OH) where you can get a pro-USA crowd and some numbers.

23. Michel_Platini

Mar 21, 2005
    uhhh... why wouldn't I buy tix from the same section more securely and cheaper online directly through US Soccer-->Rio Tinto?

24. Michel_Platini

Mar 21, 2005
    Make that 898 left.

Just bought two for me and my wife. Leaving Denver early tomorrow morning in car.

25. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    uh seriously, I don't know what these gals look like but if this evening goes well for you I'm nominating this as the singularly best bigsoccer post ever.