Slavisa Ubiparipovic

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Kit, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a lowly USSF Grade 8 referee, I was officiating a match in the Utica, NY-based Central New York State Soccer League (a very amateur league). Each team is required to give the referees rosters before the game in case yellow or red cards are issued and we have to report them to the league. Since I did caution and send-off some players from the Bosnian team Krajisnik SC, I looked at the roster after the game and noticed that #6 was listed as "Slavisa Ubiparipovic" living in Dewitt, NY (which is near Syracuse). Does anyone know if this is the same person as the Slavisa Ubiparipovic who won the MISL Rookie of the Year Award?

2. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to be him, otherwise we're all living in the Twilight Zone and he's going to meet up with his doppleganger at a bus station, lol.

Not only the unique name, but the fact he's playing soccer in the same area means it's one in a million chance there's another "Slavisa Ubiparipovic" wandering around.

3. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just find it strange that he's playing amateur soccer in the summer. There are enough minor league teams (NASL/USL/NPSL etc.) that someone would have signed him.

4. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Don't be too sure... I just searched for the name "Aleksandar Filipovic" and found that (according to one website), there are at least TWO right now in the United States... and I will speculate that only one of the two was known on the field as "Keder.":cool:

5. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States