SL INterview: GM MetroStars Nick Sakiewicz

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by The General, Dec 7, 2004.

1. The General

The General New Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Palm Beach, FL
    Everyone,

GM Week continues at SoccerLoop.com. The latest GM interview was with Nick Sakiewicz of the MetroStars. Here's how it went:

http://www.soccerloop.com

Steve Patton

2. Furious George

Furious George New Member

Feb 19, 2001
    to the right
    Great questions, bad answers. I almost stopped reading halfway through because he wasn't answering the questions asked.

Very frustrating if you actually wanted to learn something. But this is no knock on the interviewer. I enjoy the fact that someone is getting some responses from the top.

Any plans for future interviews?

3. dsylvest

dsylvest Member

Jan 18, 1999
    DC
    "No one understand the need for more interviews more than we do, and that's why it is our highest priority. We have a great working relationship with the interviewees, and we believe our fans will be equally happy whether we have furture interviews or not, because they're dumb lapdog bastages and they'll show up every Saturday whether I urinate on their heads or not. Nobody understands that better than we do. Thanks for your time. Love, Nick."

4. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    "SL: Which location, Harrison or Meadowlands do you feel would better suit the MetroStars? And why?

NS: Both locations are very good and I think our fans would be happy in either location."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha. He's in touch with the fanbase.

5. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is an idiot. IF HE WORKED IN ANY OTHER SOCCER ORGINAZATION IN THE WORLD HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED...

hE IS THE WORST GM IN MLS HISTORY... By far the Metro's are worse off than with Charlie...

6. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    He reminds of G. Bush when run the Baseball team, but too bad he does not have the right people him around him to show him the way. :D

7. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick the pig/ idiot of soccer at his best.

Nick's Lies:
    7/2000: "We could potentially break ground in 2001 and play in 2003"
    1/2002: "A new stadium can be ready in time for the 2004 season."
    2/2003: "The target for the opening is June 2005"
    6/2003: "...open the new stadium in time for the 2006 MLS season."
    1/2004: "..when we break ground will depend on whether we open in 2006 or 2007."

8. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How on earth does this guy manage to keep his job??

9. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He keeps his job because AEG DOSEN'T CARE!!!

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    granted, i don't know anything about Nick and his history with the metrostars as I've only become a real fan of the league during the 2003 season. however, these aren't lies unless he believed them to be untrue at the time. the fact that he has been optimistic, and his optimism hasn't borne itself out, does not make the man a liar. incompetent perhaps, but a liar, no.

11. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a lair because HE KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE STADIUM... He won't tell fans the truth because it reflects bad on him... And he dose these kinds of things to buy himself more time... HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT and deserves to be fired. PERIOD.