SL Benfica vs U Leiria [R] Expect 60,000 more in attendance

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Frank Cunha, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think it matter, Porto got go to Beira-Mar, and Beira-Mar going to beat Braga at Braga :D

2. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    No, i can´t believe ... it was legit...
    How could Petit end this game, i don´t know, offside called on Krpan, Manuel Fernandes grabbed Krpan who was going to be face to face with Quim to make the 0-2... thats life.
    Despite this "minnor" mistakes...i have to recognize that Benfica made a fantastic first half and only Costinha saved Leiria during those 45 minutes.

3. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    1-Estoril are going to play on the semi-final of the cup nest tuesday?
    2- Estoril are already safe on the Superliga table?
    The answers are NO and NO but since you mention Estoril it seems they are going to do the game in Algarve to get more money ( err more Benfica fans on the stadium), curiously when Estoril plays at their real home they are tough to beat and another curiosity, Veiga still owns shares in Estoril SAD, and another curiosity, Manuel Damasio and friends are behind Estoril board.
    The 3 points that Benfica is going to get in this game could be crucial to Estoril survival, i wonder waht the Estoril supporters will feel when they are relegated.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Portuguese cup games
    incorrect information, Benfica to play Estrela Amadora and Setubal vs Boavista

5. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Frank it was pure irony... see the msg i replied and you will understand.

6. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I so much wish I could rep you again for this.

7. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    before
    after
    :D
    I thought you said you didn't worry about other team's games.

8. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Grip keeps getting tighter and tighter :cool:

9. SLB4EVERSLB

SLB4EVERSLB Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Toronto
    I don’t, like i said b4 and i say it again, if you understand English. What i said was that Benfica has the luxury of only worrying about its own results, meaning if we win every game we are champions if we lose the SPL its our own fault. You can’t say that for Porto.

10. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Yeah but I also explained to you, that given the results Benfica has been getting I doubt you have the luxury of not worrying about our games.

And considering your post that I quoted there, I think I was right.
    You are worried.

11. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Quickly, hit the Panic button!
    Classic post! You must be a programmer, wish I reps to give.

12. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    He got that from Porto's Computer Department and he edit it to fit Benfica's game today

13. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Shame Benfica lost really, but Costinha was UNBEATABLE! Amazing display only to ruin it with a half-assed mistake against Mantorras. Amazing performance from him. I don't think even Helton would've done better. (BTW-why was he out??)

Congratulations to Benfica though for playing probably their best game of the season.

14. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think you kinda lost that luxury today, bud...

You have to hope Sporting don't win or they'll be one point behind you, and it could come down to the Sporting-Benfica game...

15. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    It will get even better, were Lampioes need a victory.
    Then it will "Morte na Capela". Good movie title.

16. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You are the sharpest tool in the shed aren't u? :rolleyes:

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica played one of their best game so far this season. If the score at halftime was 3-1 or 4-1 in Benfica's favor it would of been a fair result. Costinha may have had the best game I've ever seen a goalkeeper have. This game was very frustrating to watch because Benfica had so many shots on goal and created alot of chances, but were always coming up short, while Leiria scored a goal on their only chance. Leiria did a good job defending with 11 players. Any team that plays against Benfica like that always seems to give Benfica problems. Benfica deserved to win today, unfortunately they didn't win. Benfica played great but were very unlucky. Anyone who watched the game today has to admit Benfica was the better team today and deserved to win, but it was just one of those games where the better team doesn't win.

Forca Benfica!!!

18. SLB4EVERSLB

SLB4EVERSLB Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Toronto
    Key word is "behind you" like i said Benfica cant f-up anymore. Destiny is in our hands.

19. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    It was a great game. The keeper won it for Leiria. It's a shame when a team puts a lot of heart into looking for that equalizer and the keeper keeps coming up huge. His best save of the match came when he was fooled by the flight of the ball. He's diving to his right, yet he moves his left hand to get a piede of the ball and knock it off. Absolutely amazing performance.

Benfica still came away with a draw which is better than a loss. Old cliche. Today was a case of being unlucky. Luisao hitting the post.

20. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Who is the President of Penafiel? Funny how Porto were trailing 1-0 and magically pulled off a 2-1 win late. It's amazing how Clayton was all alone on Baia, all he had to do was pass it to his right to his wide open teammate or shoot on net and it's a goal. A later winner for sure. But, no, he does nothing. But, I'm sure he has no ties with Porto. :rolleyes:

It's funny how Benfica are somehow the ones cheating and bribing their way to glory in the SPL. They sure are doing a terrible job of it considering they are only in first place by 1 point. I guess Vieira can't come up with the good whores for bribery like ******** Da Costa.

21. SLB4EVERSLB

SLB4EVERSLB Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Toronto
    Rumor is that, they get the whores and the refs doing the horizontal monkey in hotel rooms on tape, then threaten to send the tape to there wife’s is they don’t obey there master(PDC).

22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    So the general rule for when Benfica chokes, let's give a PDC wise crack :rolleyes:

Seriously, the first 50 PDC jokes were funny, but now it's really old. Unless you can come up with somehting fresh, don't say anything at all.

PDC jokes are equivelant to Saying Benfica hasn't won a CL in 100 years or the league in 10 years. just not funny anymore.

keep on trying....

23. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    [​IMG]

24. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Man I am tired of laughing so hard.....

25. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    BEnfica only has one person to blame for yesterday. It was Costinha. It must be that Sporting blood on him!!!!

I Agree that they coudl have scored 4 or 5 but didn't. Like someone said before I rather see them play poorly and win, that playing good and not be able to win (Like against Rio Ave and Leiria).

It's funny how all these team kill themselves to make Benfica's life harder. It just shows that playing against Porto and SPorting it's just another game