SL Benfica 2014-15 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by nbstriker8, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the four of us that actually post here

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica announce signing of 19-year-old Polish midfielder Pawel Dawidowicz on 5-year contract

3. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea saw that earlier, never heard or saw the kid play seems like a waste of more money to me.

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's headed straight to the B team.

I think it's more important to get te talented young fellas from the B team integrated into the squad

5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    He is a defensive midfielder. That is a very teachable position. Not sure why we need to purchase import players for that. Surely we can develop/promote our own players for that. Save that money for positions that our development system has not been able to develop talented enough players for.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  6. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Taking my old man down to The Legends Cup AC Milan VS Benfica tonight. Should be fun. Going down with some AC Milan fans. There may be some friendly bashing tonight lol Anyone else going ?

nbstriker8 repped this.
  7. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't understand the money wasting either. We need a striker who will put the ball in the back of the net, all other positions are ok imo. Inter offering 25 mil for Gaitan? Anyone here any news on this?

8. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Gaitan: Don't think he wants to go as he is happy here especially as long as Maxi is around (with the other Argentinians). Most people want him to stay & I do not think he has done enough or is valued enough by someone to make us a offer that has to be accepted (by both Gaitan/Benfica). Think he will stay.

9. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zenit offering €20 million for Garay.

I personally junk he's a top 5 CB in the world. Would love him to stay. Would hate to see him go to freaking Russia though

10. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Real still have a 50% rights to Garay if I remember correctly, so we would be making no money or near enough if we sell at 20M Euros. Hopefully, he goes to Italy, England or Spain.

11. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We need a proper D-mid that's ready for CL next season..I'll hold judgement for the Pole until I see him play.

Siqueira needs to be bought full time, starting leftback imho.

Promote Bernardo Silva and Joao Cancelo, and the squad should be good to go...although I have trouble identifying a quality replacement for Garay if Garay does indeed leave(though I think it is intelligent to cash in on him now when he's at his peak)

-------------------------Oblak/Artur----------------------------
    -------------Luisao---------------------------CB------------------
    Maxi----------------------------------------------------------Siqueria
    -----------------------------DM--------------------------------------------
    ---------------Enzo----------------Gaitan*free role*--------------
    Salvio----------------------------------------------------------------Markovic
    -------------------------Rodrigo--------------------------------------------------

Andre Almeida
    Cancelo
    Amorim
    Fejsa
    Andre Gomes
    Bernardo Silva
    Lima etc on the bench

I think Bernardo Silva is going to turn a lot of heads next season and force JJ's stubbornness to switch to a more usual midfield three of DM/Enzo/Bernardo Silva

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, then don't sell him. Unless Zenit is offering him a crazy raise, why would he even want to go to Zenit?

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Area 51 I think Benfica isn't done buying in the transfer window. While I do hope the they start promoting youngsters, it wouldn't surprise me to see a relatively well known player arrive depending on who is sold. I just hope they can hold on to Markovic.

And the Pole is headed to Benfica B. Fejsa's spot for now

15. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Apparently if Garay goes for 20 when get 8. Thing is we have to sell (we don't have Russian/Middle East cash flow), it is last year on contract too. 8M Euro is not bad, just surprised Man Utd or a AC Milan are not buy him (it seams for now).

16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pawel Dawidowicz (will go to the B team, Polish guy). Silva is ready for the A team for sure and I would continue with Cavaliero and bring Helder Costa into the fray. Garay's replacement is Stefan Mitrovic (loaned to Real Valladolid) and/or Lisandro Lopez (loaned to Getafe, who made the ARG 30 man roster but not on the final 23.) Jardel is not good enough and Victória I fear will be the same. Fesja/Amorim/Gomes (if he stays) will be the 'DM' don't see him buying another ( Airton although not given almost any chances is not coming back from Brazil [loan], it seams). Cancelo opportunities will be limited if we buy both Siqueria and Silvio (or continue the loan).

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Purchasing players that can help us this year at the CL level, I have no problem (assuming we can afford to do so). If we are purchasing younger players for the future, then I prefer that we give our young players that chance.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  18. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I prefer Benfica act, always. I have no problem spending on proven talent. No need to buy young players with all the hype regarding the B team

eurodad repped this.
  19. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Makes sense right ? The money we save on not purchasing and developing other nations youth players we could use to maybe hang on to our players for a longer period. Pay them better. Dont get me wrong. If for some reason we have not developed a talented player or players at a certain position (for example if we can not for what ever reason develop a good striker) then by all means purchase but our first choice should be from our now talented youth development pool.

20. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think S. Vitoria would replace Garay just fine he just needs time to gel with the team. I agree with eurodad only position we should buy for is striker seeing most likely Cardozo and Rodrigo will leave this summer. Wouldn't mind seeing bebe in a red jersey to lol.

21. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some rumours on Éder but agree with Bebe especially if he has another good season. Which would surely put him in the Seleçã0 with Almeida/Postiga retiring. Eder/Bebe combination?

22. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Eder would be a gamble, great striker but can't stay healthy.

23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy with the last striker we got from Braga. Might as well make it two

nuno10slb4live repped this.
  24. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+