Sky Blue in 2016

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Blaze20, Nov 23, 2015.

1. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan Lauletta (EqualizerSoccer) mentioned on Twitter that he's hearing rumors Caitlin Foord won't be on the final roster. That would be very bad news for Sky Blue.

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yikes! Yeah, I think that would maybe put NJ as below BOS in my prediction for the season...

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have been surprised if both Foord and Kerr would have returned. I figured it was going to be one or the other, but not both.

4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello! Hello Hello Hello Hello... Any SkyBlue fans out there - Please post here, even if you have not posted anywhere before. SkyBlue had a great result vs. Seattle, and the roster is full of fun and interesting players. We want to hear from you! Thanks!

5. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, I was overwhelmed by Sky Blue's performance against Seattle. They looked sharp! This did not look like a fluke or a lucky win.

Like everyone else I predicted Sky Blue to be last in the NWSL this year Perhaps we nay-sayers were a bit pessimistic? A lot of unsung and new Sky Blue players looked good against Seattle's formidable defense. But, of course, this is only the first week.....

CoachJon repped this.
  6. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Not a Sky Blue fan but a Sky Blue season ticket holder. If they can put a good product on the field, I'll be happy. Hopefully Kai is able to pull through all season for them. She was taken out pretty early so if she can only play 1 half every game, that could cause issues with limited subs. But even without her, SB ended up converting the go ahead goal from another play who hasn't played in a few years.

Another thing was I was surprised they started Casey over Stanley. Seemed some rookie jitters from her but overall not too bad. Rampone still holding her own on defense. Rocky looked pretty good in mid. O'Hara owned that entire side of the field.
    Seattle was out of sorts. Bad game from Hope. Bad game from Little. Bad game from most of that backline. Not sure if they were expecting SB to be a pushover and got caught on their backheel or what. They also had some bad luck with that one mishandled goal kick that went off Melis's(?) head and bounced in SB's favor.

CoachJon repped this.
  7. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was surprised by the starting lineup on Sunday, thinking that Stanley, Nick, Hayes and possibly Goodson and Grubka would be starters, not 5 rookies! including one who not played since '12. Someone another thread wrote that Goodson is injured. Either Simon and Conheeney has really surprised the coaches or there are issues with the others.
    Some one else also wrote that Kai was basically walking after 20 minutes so expect her to be subbed early as she slowly gets into better shape. I think Kai was not known for liking to practice, so Rampone better keep on top of her. Kerr was not listed on the game roster according to the league website, so she may not be ready yet for any minutes.

CoachJon repped this.
  8. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Poor Sky Blue, Not since April has anybody posted here. So, here goes.

SB is doing better than I thought they would this year. The difference is Leah Galton -- who looks like the rookie of the year -- and the return to form of Taylor Lytle after injuries.

Myrtle and RockyTopFan repped this.
  9. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be that guy, but I really don't think Sky Blue's success has been any one player. Don't get me wrong, Galton has been great, but they as a team have done quite well really. They've played as a team.

10. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I think they've shown a lot more resilience than people expected at the start when everyone was thinking they'd be a pushover. No Kerr for awhile, Kai not really at full strength, losing all their keepers + Foord suddenly disappearing from their roster, and likely forced to play O'Hara at OB when they could use her up top. The general feel of the team definitely seems they work well together and Rampone forgoing NT camps certainly has helped. I think Galton's add though made them less of a problem opponent and more of a dangerous team not necessarily because of goals/assists she brings but because she adds one more piece that teams have to stop.