Skipshady and Asia fourm

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Mani, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To whom this may concern,

As members of the BigSoccer community, we enjoy the forum(s) and the vehicle that it serves for us to express, discuss, educate and inform each other of what we know of, read about or question at times. We have come to do so, in a very civilized manner, and it has become a great experience in all aforementioned areas. As great an experience as this has become for us, we have had our values and cultural ideology attacked at times when expressing our opinions and facts to each other.

The Mod in question here has turned a blind eye to the insults that has plagued the Asian boards, allowing some Korean posters to bolden their attacks on our discussions and articles posted outside rivalries fourm. They have targeted the Iranian and Chinese posters with derogatory comments and racial epithet. Trolling and flaming anywhere they see fit without regards to decency, since the most active Moderator in the Asia forum (Skipshady) has decided not to take action against these Korean posters. It is via this very unfair, biased and favorable treatment of Skipshady towards the Korean posters that we demand the Administrators of this site to take action for us and remove him from his post. It is with this kind of passive attitude towards these Korean trolls that they feel like they can attack us all the time. Our place on BigSoccer as a free forum is being threatened and we would like you to act immediately and correct the situation at hand.

As the Iranian and Chinese posters who post in good behavior and within the rules of BigSoccer, we adamantly want the removal of SkipShady as a moderator with valid reasoning. His actions in allowing Korean posters to inflame us and in some cases coming to their defense makes posting our thoughts and discussions on Bigsoccer an unpleasant experience. It is with all this corruption at hand that we plead our case to the administrators of the site for aid in the removal of a biased moderator who seems to be failing at his post of moderationg the forum with an unbiased eye.

The undersigned will reply with their own comments.

Thanking you in advance for your time and attention.

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree with Mani.. skip knows himself I tried talking to him but he didn't respond to my posts so maybe it's the way to do it..
    I hope you take necessary action...

3. NoClue

NoClue New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    agree.
    ban'em all.

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
  5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Have you even contacted Skip Mani? To be honest, I'm a little surprised that you are taking this approach given that you were so recently a co-mod with Skip and you should know that he is a very reasonable and understanding guy who would be open to this kind of input. I think he would have the decency to take it up with you if he had an issue.

How about some examples to back up your claims?

Skip may be more lenient than you like, but IMO, he is a fair and decent mod. If he is missing inflammatory behavior, are you pointing it to him and to the other mods? He isn't the only one responsible for the forum. He has my support.

6. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
  7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    agree

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We have treid to have a dialogue with him but he keeps justifying the derogatory comments and racial epithet of some of the Korean posters by blaming it on the victims of these attacks the Chinese and Iranian posters.

When a Korean poster with a history of anti-Chinese trolling says "Chinese girls In my high school had an obsession of being short fat and ugly" Skip defends the comments by saying "he just went to a school full of short, fat ugly people."

Or when another Korean troll implies that "Iranians have no pride" Skip defends the comments by saying "that's just a bad choice of words".

He further supports the flmaing/trolling of Iran-related threads by saying that "Many of the "Iran is great" threads are outrageous by most standards. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would post something so outrageous other than to get a reaction - and that is the very definition of trolling for reaction "

In other words, he thinks it's a crime for the Chinese and Iranian posters to post anything positive about their country and if they godforbid did, they will get a "reaction" so basically he gives a green light to some of the Korean posters to flame and troll the hell out of these Iran or China related threads which are mostly ouutside rivalries.

9. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I don't see how any human being can not find this funny. If that was really Skip's response, then he's a genius.

10. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The same guy said “Iranian women wear "tent"”... Oh , wait you'll probably find that funny too.. so racist jokes are OK as long as they are funny or can be explained by some funny/genius sentence!!!?.. thanks man.. using your logic I’ll go to a Korean boards and say .."when Koreans speak it sounds like they are barking it’s probably because of all the dogs they have been eating".. the explanation would be something like " hey man maybe when their ancestors found Korea the only animal they could find was dog"... so existence of such a genius explanation for my insult towards Korean will make everything OK in your eyes...

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

For whatever reason, Skip is very pretective towards this South Korean troll the-13th-redneck.

And this troll basically took advantage of that pretection and ran with it and went on a trolling spree, which was what started this mess in the last several days.

And the posters did point out bad posts to him. He simply defended the troll to the best of his ability.

12. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Can you explain how it was okay for you to insult 13th redneck with various comments? Why is it okay for you to behave poorly and not him?

From what I saw, Skip closed one of the threads and binned some of the posts that got off course, which seems like an appropriate action to deter trolling.

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Here is what I said in that thread where the-13th-redneck came in with that highly offensive comment.

"If you're only reading this thread now, you've missed most of the action. That sneakyshady mod has deleted all my messages in this thread. But he has left the trolling message by redneck saying Chinese girls in his school has an obesession with being short fat and ugly intact.

Redneck claims that's a fact. But it can't be, one, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, at best that is his opinion of what those girls looked like. And given his obsession with being anti-China (to prove his loyalty to the South Korean apparently, as if his family living there for a 1000 years is not enough). Secondly, in the context of the Stupid Big Ron's offensive remarks towards Chinese women, which was the reason CFF made this thread in the first place, Redneck's chiming in like that with derogatory comments in its own is very offensive to Chinese. Third, when Chinese posters (me and CFF, since there aren't many Chinese posters here, but several posters did PM me and told me they've negrepped redneck to show their disgust towards him) protested his trolling, some other South Koreans just came in and call the Chinese hypersensitive."

You tell me, if this doesn't smack of Stupid Big Ron what does?...... Instead of helping fellow Asians, in the face of insult by that racist Big Ron, this South Korean the-13th-redneck is only obsessed with being anti-Chinese

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4050075#post4050075

14. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Dreamer - That isn't all you said - I've seen a lot of other comments.

My point is - why is it okay for you to insult people but others have to have strict standards? You are posting on this thread and calling Skip "sneaky". Do you realize that "sneaky" has historically been used as a derogatory comment towards Japanese people in this country? Should you be carded for being a racist?

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

He's the one that's been going to various threads and make offensive comments. Did I go in any thread to troll? No. I only responded when he came into the threads that have nothing to do with him and with intention none other than to rile people up.

Now if you're going to say but you're responding in kind. This brings us back to the topic of this thread. Skip is pretecting him. His offensive antics have exhausted our patience (we're talking about a guy who thinks "Ass-rape China for the money" is a legit joke here, and that's from several months ago) so we have no choice but to respond. Are you saying the one in self defense is just as guilty as the criminal?

"Sneaky" is a word to describe Japanese? No I've never heard of it. And none of the Asian posters has made any reference to this, as least among the many many posts that I've read. I picked up this word because Hama (who is Japanese) has been referring to Skip as Sneakyshady, a derogatory reference to his character, no racial undertone whatsoever.

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    even if you're right and dreamer was in fault that still doesn't justify 13th_redneck's "tent" remark against Iranians... stop trying to cover up for skip.. or are you gonna claimed that I insulted the_13th_redneck first and based on that he has any right to insult my country or nationality?

17. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    And the thread in question, using your Japanese analogy. Let say some public figure such as this stupid Big Ron said "Japanese are all sneaky people" and created an uproar in Asia and England. A Japanese poster then go start a thread and says "let's post some image of upstanding Japanese people here to counter that racist Ron" and then this 13th-redneck guy comes in and say, "well, in my high school, all the Japanse people look very sneaky to me." And you expect the Japanese posters to not react?

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Well, you've heard of it now. I hope you aren't only concerned with slurs that are convenient for you. Please do not insult other posters regardless of how they behave.

Listen all - I feel strongly that Skip is a reasonable mod who is open to criticism - but sometimes it does help to balance out a laid back mod with a more hands on mod -- and since Skip is receiving all of the blame, perhaps part of the problem is that the other mods aren't around enough? Have any of you tried contacting the other mods about these issues - for example contacting topcow about issues involving perceived slurs towards Chinese?

Perhaps we should discuss shutting down the NSR and Rivalries forums?

19. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Noted, and then I will not refer to him as sneakyshady any more.

If this troll redneck had been carded or at the least warned by skip, afer his initial offences intead of being allowed to troll on, nothing like this mess over the last three days would've happened? And I think I'm speaking for most Asian posters, other than the South Koreans, about this, this South Korean the-13th-redneck is a troll that has committed multiple offences.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I didn't actually see his comment, did it happen outside of Rivalries? I'm not trying to cover up for Skip, I just think that as far as mod's go, he is fair and open to criticism. The Asian forum can be very difficult to mod sometimes because passions often run high.

Having said that, racist comments aren't okay - and even if posters are trying to make jokes, we need to start cracking down by giving people warnings and then cards if they continue, provided we are talking about behavior outside of Rivalries.

21. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    If the mod does his job fairly then this is possible, otherwise, and we've tried ignoring him for a long tim, but this guy obviously has nothing better to do in life than to come online and troll, otherwise how could posters be expected to put up with his crap all the time?

22. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    That Chinese Girl thread was in the NSR forum. And so was the "Ass rape China for the money" so called "joke".

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I totally agree with what Mani said, I've seen too much in this forum these days, We must keep this forum in impartial state,so removal those biased moderator is a good choice.

This forum is a good place for Asians to discuss soccer and communion, but i've seen enough that some silly guys kept posting those stupid posts insulting others, cook up their own opinion of their Culture and other affair. and their racial bias and discriminate others. this kind of "pride" just showing their inferiority and falsity,we should drive them out here too. keep this forum peace and clean.

someone's "anti-Chinese" or "assault-iran" behaviour just showing his deeply funk and moonstruck.makes us sure his metamorphic ways of thinking and currish mental.

The one who look down on others is just discriminating himself

24. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Dark Knigh,

And here is another one of this South Korean the-13th-redneck's so called "jokes", right after Liu Xiang beat Allen Johnson in Yokohama.

Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
    WHOAH. Asian guy beat black guy at running?? I must be .... DREAMER! Have you been screwing around with my head??? LOL

If my unintentional use of the word sneaky warranted a warning, how is this intentional racist comment not a card worthy offence? Again it's in the NSR forum, not rivalries.

The worst part is, this guy actually thinks telling racist jokes like this in public is OK. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of stuff he says in private.