SJ Earthquakes vs Stanford April 19 7pm

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by nivla, Apr 18, 2011.

1. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes. I'm going, as are several Ultras.

3. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just go to the stadium and buy ticket there?

4. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there...is it free?

Also, gotta get my transistor radio ready...Sharks game on too!

5. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's the assumption I'm operating under.

6. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here !... I'm not even sure how much the tickets are, but I will try to be there !

7. onemormor

onemormor Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called the Stanford ticket office. They didn't even know there was a game. They said its must be free to enter.

8. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm close to Palo Alto--I'll be there. I remember one time there was some scrimmage and I sneaked it--I'm guessing it will be free, but if not Don is getting me in... :D

Cagan Stadium is also known as Maloney Field and it's just adjacent to the main stadium so easy to spot... it's on the SW side of El Camino.

9. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have been trying to find info on this game for a while. The Stanford website says that all soccer tickets are day-of-game only, but I'm not sure how they can control access in any case -- Cagan/Maloney is right next to El Camino and you can pretty much hop the fence and you're there.

10. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too--I have a feeling this game won't cost anything since as of now, they only charge for baseball and the soccer ticket page is empty for now (until their league season starts around August/September and in that case it will cost for admission/tickets). Their other moneymakers are football and hoops.

The spring schedule looks like more for conditioning. Just a few games right now to keep sharp. Going to get there 60 minutes early just in case.

11. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Interesting, come to Davis soon Quakes!

12. Das Moots

Das Moots Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to seeing Lenhart play!

13. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    San Jose Earthquakes reserves set to face Stanford University, Chivas USA in matches this week - Robert Jonas, centerlinesoccer.com

No mention of Lenhart - I don't know it that's an oversight on Jonas' part or if Lenhart is just not ready. Lenhart is listed as "questionable" in the SJEarthquakes weekly report.

14. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, technically, Lenhart doesn't fall into either category: "players who have made limited appearances" or "defenders still looking to make their MLS season debuts".

Glad to see Ellis on the "probable" list. I expect to see him play Saturday unless (knock on wood) he reinjures himself in the friendly.

15. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Good crowd but vastly outnumbered by stanford fans!

16. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made it for the 2nd half. Some of the players I didn't recognize. Who were #27, #29, #35? Where these academy players?

17. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fans are waiting for that report.

18. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, who played...anyone play well?

19. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We also saw only the second half, disappointed to arrive at halftime to a 0-0 score when I fully expected the Quakes would trounce the Stanford players. A much cleaner game than we see in MLS!

Ampai played well; Brad Ring and Chris Leitch looked decent. There was a #30 -- Baka? -- that had some impressive ball handling skills. Scott was also out there (surprise). I did not recognize 27 or 29 (who was subbed in, I believe.)

The field was darker than Buck Shaw, the Quakes dominated possession and spent most of the second half at the south end of the field. I was sitting with the Ultras at the north end so I couldn't tell exactly who had the ball most of the time, but it was usually someone in white. I also couldn't tell why we didn't score more, but there didn't seem to be many shots on goal. Good Stanford defense? It was a pretty low key game.

A lot of the first string players were there incognito.

20. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    starting lineup

----Sealy-----
    McLoughlin--Baca--Ring---Amapi---Unknown
    Morrow---#27---Burling---Leitch
    -----Bingham----------

Love watching Baca and Ampai. Baca was the engine and he demanded the ball. Moved around well and difficult to dispossess. Hope we can sign him soon. Both of them were every where on the field. Ampai had the lone goal. McLoughlin played OK but seemed to be slower than before. Ring was playing well. He started the game in a deeper position in the midfield, and he switched back and forth with Baca and Ampai. These three guys have been interesting to watch in these reserve games.

#27 played CB and RB and he was pretty good with the ball and positioning. He looked more like Cochrane than Robinson.

Sealy did OK shielding the ball and combining with others. Had some good moments around the box. Well, that was a college team he played against. Same situation for Morrow. I don't think he can be starter soon.

There was a bald guy coming in during 2nd half. He played midfield. He didn't do much but I was surprised to see a trialist or guest player who didn't look young.

Wondo, Hernandez, Dawkins, BMac, Cronin, Beta, Gjertsen, Opara, Webber and Khari were on the stand....2 rows from where I sat. By the way, I don't remember seeing Convey in any of these "reserve" gmaes.

21. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bad part of the lineup info from this match is that it indicates Yallop has no plans to fix the line-up problems from the last two games. It's a continue doing what doesn't work approach.

22. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he might be a local area coach that fills in when they're short-handed.

23. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Why do you say that? I saw at least four players who should be starting!

24. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I think Yallop wouldn't play any players in this game he intends to give significant minutes in the Saturday game. So, for example, he's planning to play Hernandez instead of Leitch even though it's not working.

25. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You're probably right. Though given the relatively non-intense nature of tonight's game -- more like a practice scrimmage than a regular game -- and four days rest, any of those guys should be able to start.

On the other hand, if it means that Scott won't be playing...