Sites that Ship to USA

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by amanzo81, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what? Maybe they would just ship FM to us and scrap this stupid WWSM idea? Hell just ship FM in WWSM boxes if you are worried about the "football" name confusion issue.

Sure sounds better than having to wait for every patch.

2. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought the only patch for 2005 that was delayed was the first?

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I can't say that I remember, and I'll make sure they guys know that waiting for the patch is a problem, so I'll push the appropriate people to make sure they get out much closer together.

And it does matter if people buy it as WWSM in the US, if you want the game to be more easily available and widely played.

But i'm obviously biased, and at the end of the day playing FM under any guise is a good things, I didn't want to make it seem like it wasn't, so sorry if I did.

4. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got an e-mail from FedEx that says my FM2006 that was supposed to be available for shipping from GoGamer.com on 10/24 shipped today!!!

"'When I put a spike into my vein
    Then I tell you things aren't quite the same..."

Nobody will be hearing from me for a while.

5. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ok i went to gamestop and they told me that i couldnt reserve it until som,etime november they dont know when, i want the game and im thinking about gogamer.com bujt i sort of feel bad plus its 15 bucks more.

6. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    see the other post, I provide an online gamestop link, plus there's going to be a download version available on 11/1 as well

7. Dadinho

Dadinho Member

Feb 19, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought FM 2005 from ethaicd.com, a website from Thailand. It was pretty cheap and an official copy, but the manual is in thai.

8. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my FM2006 from GoGamer.com today -- today being the date they had said it would be available to ship. Woohoo! Interestingly, the box says "Not for sale outside Southeast Asia", but it shipped from somewhere in southern California. Hmmm.

Who cares, I'm playing! It cost me considerably more than $30, but I'm playing now!!!

9. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    Well. i guess my procrastination paid off some. Since i was slow to order an import copy, I saw the message on the SI boards announcing the date for US realease of FM 06. It appears that Amazon.com date was right. I guess I'll be going with that option now, helping SI's sales in the US in the process. Hopefully they'll try to expand the game here.

10. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    I think it would be best for those that haven't brought the game yet to purchase your copy in the U.S. Just because good sales here insures that the game will still be sold here.

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got one of each last year. And gave my FM copy to a friend.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lying bastard.

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did have both and HOW DID YOU GET FM?

14. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i rodered mine from gogamer on a tuesday and had it wed afternoon.

great game for the most part but the errors are annoying. i just finished the first season and cannot continue as i keep getting the same error...

15. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Sounds like their service worked for you and you'd recomend it again. I picked up a copy of FM5 a couple months ago and I'm itching to get the new version.

16. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they were great -- I've been playing it for a week now. No bugs yet, but it does seem like it hands out a lot of red cards. Also seems harder. I'm usually an LLM guy, but I'm playing Arsenal for my first game 'cause I want to see what happens financially when they move to the new stadium, and see also what develops with Chelski -- do they just go on forever like the Borg, or does Roman get sent to Siberia eventually, or what? Anyway, I keep getting my ass handed to me by teams at the bottom of the table, and I have to play the same match several times before I win (I'm cheating to make sure my job is secure so I get to the new stadium, etc.).

I have nothing against the idea of WWSM, I just don't like to wait.