Silent but visual protest

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Dan Milton, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    My wife who is pro Kie Kamara and me not some much,are in agreement about being unhappy about the sad state of the Crew at the moment. We normally show up at the game wearing black and yellow clothing. Today she told me she was not going to wear yellow. She was going to wear all black because she is in mourning about the sad condition of our team. While being a loyal Crew fan I cannot see myself driving for 90 minutes each way to suffer watching the poor performance that is being displayed on the field every week. We don't need the team to be world champions but do need it to be exciting,entertaining and competitive!!!

2. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Oh, get over yourselves. You need to support a team that is willing to buy your happiness. Go ahead and pick from LA, Toronto, Seattle or NYCFC. They aren't playing as well as everyone hoped, but take your protest and support someone else.

3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    REALIST FAN FIGHT!!!!

chr1st, YeahMorgan, Psycho_Derek and 3 others repped this.
  4. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    We have supported the Crew since 1996 bought season tickets every year, worked 12 to 16 hours on Saturday and Sunday, sleeping only in the car on the way to and from the games. I am not whining I am just trying to tell the team management that they can't just throw crap on the field and expect fans to flock to the games. We do expect to be competitive and I do believe most fans would agree. I ran my own business for over fifty years and I know if I put these kind of product out of my business I would not be in business very long. Why would I drive a round trip of three hours,why would anyone from Cincinnati drive that far when they have a team of their own. Many businesses go out of business because they don't do the best they can do for their customers. Go Crew!!!

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    First salvo - FIRED!

Psycho_Derek repped this.
  6. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    I am not into a fan fight and won't percipate in one.just saying if you are offering entertainment you should make the play on the field entertaining.

7. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where were you when we were shit?

8. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    @Dan Milton How loud do you expect this protest to ring in the front office while two additional people in a sea of black and yellow wear black instead of yellow?...asking for a lot of friends. I'll hang up now and listen.

CrewV Man repped this.
  9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I hadn't lost the drive with all the photos of the anti-Drooler protests. Pink slips, bags on heads, confiscated signs, the whole deal.

Chelsea. The Archangel of the Upper Deck.

That clip of Skippy the Moron being showered with pink paper while security laughed is an all time Crew classic.

10. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A "protest" involving wearing one of the primary team colors to the game?

You show 'em. :sleep:

11. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #11 Draghignazzo, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    This would only work if nearly everyone, or even all of Nordecke, did it-- and it still might go unnoticed or right now be misinterpreted as support for victims of recent worldwide tragedies.

Crewture and Bill Archer repped this.
  12. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has made me lol

Crewture, foozer, Robbo Crewfan and 2 others repped this.
  13. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    It was only a thought not a movement. That reminds me of something Arlo gunthre said in Alice's restaurant but I don't quite remember the exact quote!
    My wife told me that was something she was doing and thought it was worth mentioning. You never know how or when a amovement can begin.

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You can get anything you want?

Arlo gunthre? Is he a friend of Arlo White? I don't understand. Can you help?

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excepting Alice.

16. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's been a bad two months, but I don't want a throw everything out yet. I would to keep a core intact and make smaller changes rather than get stuck in a revolving door of coaches and players like TFC had been.

I think this will turn around, and I think Gregg can still bring us a championship. Just not this year.

17. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Agreed

[​IMG]

Crewture, thenewXB, porchlight and 7 others repped this.
  18. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Does that violate any kind of KHT bylaws? I'm really scared about the future of society right now.

Bill Archer repped this.
  19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Nope, that is a reward for someone who deserves it. Nothing to do with KHT, three points or any other boob reason.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  20. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    She looks like a lot of the ladies walking around in Vegas this week. Maybe more clothing though on her......

21. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I hope you didn't start a trend that might become known as a pp award on these boards. :confused:;)

22. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice

23. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice

24. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I always hated that song.

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I am somewhat embarrassed that I just now repped this because I just now made the connection. I hang my head.

26. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He owes one too.