Signing and Acquisition Rumors

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by xjuniorrulzx, Apr 12, 2011.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I saw that Morelia rumor yesterday too. Just sucks that he always seems to get injured then gets cut b/c he can't recuperate.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    That's Baldizón's son? Oh great.

5. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I have my fingers crossed for this kid. He's a solid player hard worker, and mentally tough. However I have a feeling this will be a situation like Enoc with Chicago. Plays his guts out and they say "thanks but no thanks" because he's from an inferior league.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong and they see what Enoc has done (and even Mo in some way) by showing that if given a chance our players are diamonds in the rough.

edcalvi repped this.
  7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Both Angelo Padilla and José Pinto are rumored to have admirers in Costa Rica.

On a a slightly unrelated note I feel we should try to reach some sort of agreement with at least one of the mid table clubs and start sending our best young players there. After the success of Keylor, Bolaños, Ruiz, Celso, etc, you bet the cr league has scouts watching.

edcalvi repped this.
  8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Tinoco is rumored to have admirers from both the Norwegian league and the NASL.

Hopefully he goes to Norway and tears it up. Si la rompe que enseñe su passport guatemalteco, si no, que enseñe el hondureno :thumbsup::D

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I've been sayin that for a while. And since their run in the last WC, you KNOW those scouts want nothing more than some young buck with decent skills to sell to a European team for cheap.

We just need some doors to open and a couple guys to get some starts for us

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Another promising rumor. Kevin Elias might accompany Angelo Padilla in Costa Rica's Municipal Liberia. I have high hopes for this kid, and lemme brag for a second how i already mentioned how he should be in for a NT opportunity in the la liga Nacional thread.

I know we like to hate on Guatemala Clubs reluctance to give their youth a chance but I feel young players are at fault as well. Many refused to go play for departamentales and prefer the comfortable checks they get from rojos or cremas (which they have a right to for the stability of their family income).

That's why I feel players like Kevin Elias (loaned from cremas to marquense), Kike Miranda, Diego Palma, Christian Ojeda, Brujito Ortiz should be praised. They're ambitious enough to move away from their comfort zone.

edcalvi repped this.
  11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    No se cuanto de esto sea humo, but apparently scouts from peñarol fc will be watching José Martinez closely tomorrow in their friendly against Uruguay. I've Never Seen This Kid Play before pero aparentemente tiene gol. It's Damn shame His best socio, Altan, might not play due to injury :'(

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Maybe they saw both and could pick them both up? Just the optimist in me.

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    FB_IMG_1622538718620.jpg

Nico Hagen from Azerbaijan to Costa Rica, goalkeeper.

Also Steven Robles, a defender who plays at the RB position and currently one of the best in Guatemala.

Both to Saprissa.