Sign of a bad club - bait and switch ticketing

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Armada FC' started by TheHun, Feb 25, 2016.

1. TheHun

TheHun Member

May 5, 2005
    how bad are the circumstances in the NASL ? Word has come down that Jacksonville has resorted to baiting fans with non-existent $10 tickets. Their web site leads off with a banner that advertises single game tickets for $10, but no one can buy them.

People reported this last game, and the section they were in had about 6 people - so clearly not sold out.

This kind of dishonest practices is why so many NASL teams fold. When you lose the trust and confidence of the fan, your are doomed to fail.

Any other fans have this experience in the NASL ? Please post.

2. fldore

fldore Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Whitehorse, YT
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Havent tried to buy online. Kinda like Suns games I just buy at the ticket office. Would be disappointing if true though.

3. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where has the "word come down from"? The tickets were for the last pre-season match against the NYRB. I have not seen anything that advertised regular season tickets for $10. I will do a little more investigating to see if I can find anything about this...

4. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed the Armada and did not get any response. Disappointing.

5. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update: I received a response from the Armada this morning:

"Tickets start at $10 per match in a season ticket package. Our single match tickets are priced differently. I hope this helps answer your question."

To get the $10/game price you need to purchase a season ticket. That's not a bait and switch (the Jags do the same thing). Mystery solved!

markmcf8 repped this.