Sigi in the Circle & Mega TAAAilgate 2 ft. Crew vs Florida Man(s) | Match 18 - June 29, 2019 7:30

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Jun 26, 2019.

Tags:
?

What will be the result of the Crew's 6/29/19 match vs Orlando?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2019.
  1. Win by two or more goals

11.1%
  2. Win by one goal

19.4%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

16.7%
  4. Lose by one goal

27.8%
  5. Caleb Porter Disasterclass (née Lose by two or more goals)

13.9%
  6. CREW IT FOR SIGI! - Crew score ≥5 goals & win (worth 2 points!!)

8.3%
  7. "wHeRE iS thE pRemaTcH ThrEaD??!" - mods, probably

2.8%
  1. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

Bradford City Association Football Club
    May 11, 1999
    Land of the Lizard People, or so I'm told
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    OTOH, I'm raking in those Grouchy points like Drake is raking in whatever is the Canadian equivalent of Benjamins.

Wilfrids, maybe.

2. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I told my wife tonight that if they lose to Orlando, there’s a good chance we won’t win a game for the remainder of the season. Somewhere near the 70th minute I said “We’ve had so many home games back to back. We need an away game so we can do something else on a Saturday night.” It’s getting real hard to sit through this crap.

Kyle Crew and hangthadj repped this.
  3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This season reminds me a bit of 2016.

The team had an opportunity to build on an MLS Cup run and completely shit the bed. Horrible offseason with the Kei hold out. Horrible season. Horribly coached and managed as far as player personnel went throughout the season. Later on, we realized that maybe the sabotage was coming from the top. That Precourt, despite his tweets about Every Rose Has it's Thorn, and the For Columbus jersey really wanted the team to fail....

This season, the team had the opportunity to capitalize on one of the best feel good moments in sports history, with the fans saving the team. Unfortunately, they made an extremely poor decision with the manager, but compounded it by giving him a 5 year contract.

Maybe Porter would be this incompetent with a 2-3 year deal, it's possible. But the level of security given him has produced laziness and victimhood from our manager. It's permeated down to the players. It's created a rot within the team and locker room.

And this isn't something that goes away in 1-2 years. This is a problem that sticks around. And interest will wane, as we have seen even with the die hards on this board. It's a completely wasted opportunity. And if Haslam and Bez are as smart as everyone thinks they are, extreme changes need to be made as soon as possible. And Porter needs to be on notice that the changes will include him if he doesn't turn this around immediately.

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ********ing hell.

Just when you think this team can't sink any lower.

Another loss. At home. To Orlando. On Sigi Night. In front of the first decent crowd in a while.

Ugh.

the_rickler repped this.
  5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #80 KCbus, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Yeah. It’s going to get worse before gets better.

We only have two players that I can think of on the entire roster that are MLS starting quality. Wil Trapp, and Gyasi Zardes. Neither are available, and both of them would probably be bench guys on as many teams as they would be starters. We just don’t have any quality. Until we get a chance to blow this thing up and rebuild, this is what we are.

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Coaching doesn’t matter.

LaMacchia repped this.
  7. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll need to mae a runn to teh sto re tomrrow

8. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Let's play a game. Which Crew players are clearly better than MLS average for their position? Last year I would have said Steffen and Zardes. This year nobody. Zardes and maybe Mensah and Sauro are middle of the pack players at their position. Everyone else is below average. We need reinforcements a lot better than Romario Williams and the Costa Rican guy or Edwin Gyasi.

the_rickler, Jim Bach, hangthadj and 3 others repped this.
  9. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think we agree on this.

the_rickler repped this.
  10. redi44crew

redi44crew Member+

Mar 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Really tough game to watch. Crowd seemed to be rather large (guess lack of rain can do that!). Got our wish with JJ starting, and saw all the proof we need to keep Mullins from ever seeing our pitch.

There are two games that are circled on my calendar. August against the worst team in MLS. Have to win them both.

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be a very cheerful locker room right now.

the_rickler repped this.
  12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Have we tried repeatedly and aimlessly hoofing crosses into the box yet?

13. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

hangthadj repped this.
  14. redi44crew

redi44crew Member+

Mar 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yes. Ad nauseam.

15. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I don't know what you guys we're watching. Williams was terrible. Worse than terrible whatever that is. What a disappointment. You can't do anything if you can't trap the ball. He can't trap the ball. Not once. He doesn't make good runs. Not great defensively. Physically beaten by Orlando's center backs every time. It was like paying with no forward. If the video is available - go watch it. Actually the whole team has trouble trapping the ball right now. Not good for a team that plays possession.

It will get better when Trapp and Zardes and Mensah and Awful return. Trapp, Zardes and Mesnah are right up the middle. They are MLS quality players and they do make a difference. Until then, I don't see the Crew winning - possible even scoring.

Bill Archer repped this.
  16. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the biggest thing I noticed last night. And they mainly came from Jimenez and Francis. I can’t remember a single Jimenez cross that was decent, all too low. Francis was at least whipping them in into decent positions, hard to get it to one guy though when the entire opposition defense just marks him (JJW).

redi44crew, hangthadj and the_rickler repped this.
  17. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I've seen this movie. 1 out of 5 stars. Do not recommend.

18. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will it? We weren't exactly good when we had them all available except Afful. Trapp Zardes and Mensah have all been a part of this 1 win in 12 except the last two matches. I don't have as much faith in them turning this ship around.

Draghignazzo and hangthadj repped this.
  19. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    To be fair, he didn't say it would get much better.

TKyle repped this.
  20. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I did not have a lot of nice things to say in my response to the post match experience survey they sent out today.

Salacious Bum and hangthadj repped this.
  21. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    "Congratulations, you have done something even Queso Boy couldn't do: kill the Crew in Columbus."

Draghignazzo and hangthadj repped this.
  22. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    Let's get scientific here. Pure science. The Crew started to fall apart when Frankie disappeared. The were a competitive team and then - no Frankie! Bring back Frankie and bring back the team! Pure science and math!

23. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He was there last night!

Draghignazzo repped this.
  24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes, we hoof them over the net and ontot the stage.

25. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah. I still don't know what's been going on, but I've seen Frankie at the last few games. Just nothing, as far as I can tell, like in his former role. He just seems to be another gameday fan right now.