Should we invite countries from other other confederations in the Gold Cup as in the past?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by Gwadaboyz 72, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    it would be nice to have FOUR group then three.

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

wtf is this sh1t??

3. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May I suggest "Gold Cup" for the new name?

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You took the words out of my mouth Moises

5. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    well 1st of all i dont know, why south american cup is called. Copa America?? when only team from south america participatate!! what about, Central America, and North America?? i demand for them to change their cup name!!! Any wayz, we shoulnt have teams from any other confederation!! i do would like to make the gold cup bigger,4 teamz in 4 groups, the 1st 2qualify to the next roud, i dont like that crap of the best 3rd!!!

6. Vamosunited25

Vamosunited25 Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should of sent the team that beat Mexico in the 07 gold cup.

I think we should invite other teams. We should just invite some mid table world teams.

7. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we should invite midtable teams from South America.

8. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Essay?...Come on now... :rolleyes:

So you agree with the last part,meaning that you disagree with the rest of the quote but you don't explain why so...And that means that you also don't agree with the results that I've posted that prove that CONMEBOL is superior to CONCACAF when it matters the most.These results are no lies and aren't made up.Did you follow the 2006 World Cup and the Copa America 2007?

Yes I did go off topic,but it was to prove my point!You're the one who expanded the topic first by talking about the Mexican teams that play in the Copa Libertadores(when there was no need to).I then said that you can't compare club teams with national teams as the clubs who have the biggest budget often get the best players and you don't have this in national team football.I then went on and said that CONMEBOL is superior to CONCACAF.With that you asked me why haven't the select teams from South America have yet to win a Gold Cup.The long message that I posted with the results of matches between CONCACAF and CONMEBOL was to show you that South America finished on top when it mattered the most(with Mexico being the exception).

Well,it's true I could have posted the results from CONMEBOL teams playing in the Gold Cup but I was concerned that it would have made a much longer ''essay'' for you to read...but here is quick wrap

Taking into account that you said it earlier yourself that South American teams take their bench warmers to the Gold Cup which is definately a fact,yet with those same bench warmers,Colombia was one match away from winning the 2000 Gold Cup,Canada prevented that from happening but still that second Colombian team kicked the asses of a few of CONCACAF's best on their way to the final.In 2002,Ecuador was eliminated in the group stage after the three teams in the group were on equal points and had the same goal differential.Ecuador lost the decisive draw and were eliminated.In 2003,Brazil reached the final with their U-23 side and eliminated the US along the way.They lost to Mexico in the final.In 2005 Colombia was again invited and this time didn't do much, as they went out in the quarters after losing to Panama,granted.In 2007 and 2009,no teams from South America were invited.

Now it's true that they have not won it yet,but they still have reached the final on many occasions.Now if they reach the final with mostly their bench warmers,don't you think that they would have won a few by now had they brought their first team players?But why would they anyway?It's not like the CONCACAF title is that prestigious and they know it!The tournament is always played in the same country for christ's sake!CONCACAF teams don't think much of this tourney so why the hell some teams from outside the region would see it as a valuable tourney?

Yeah we agree on that.

Now that I responded to your quote,I'm ready to move on.

9. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Did you even bother reading the earlier posts on the previous pages?

10. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Didn't you say you wanted to move on?

11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeh but you didnt include Honduras games against SA teams nor Costas.

12. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    danmzz soccerfever, these thread is so everyone can put down their opinions,. no to start crap!!! so just take the others opinions!!!

13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yes now we can move on :)

14. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    That's because I took results from the 2006 World Cup and the 2007 Copa America,2 tournaments that are actually taken seriously and that Honduras didn't take part in.I did talk about Costa Rica's match against it's only CONMEBOL opposition at the 2006 World Cup which was Ecuador.Costa Rica didn,t take any part in the last Copa America.

You could have asked that question instead earlier,well anyway...

15. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Yeah you're right,sorry for those long offtopic posts and all but I had to respond and prove my point.It's all good!

16. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bottom line, alot of the teams in the gold cup suck. We need to increase the level of competition by inviting south americans, and perhaps europeans.

17. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    DrunkGuy, we already invited SA teams n nothing, maybe European teams but then again a Concacaf team beat the #1 team ranked in the whole world . I say lets keep our so called "sucky teams" as is. We got enough competition here.

18. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mexico has beaten Brazil many times as the #1 team in the wold, it doesn't mean Mexico is better than Brazil or anyone else in the world. You seriously need to get over that victory against Spain, You have the right to celebrate, because it was a huge victory, but at some point you need to get past it and realize, it doesn't mean you are better than Spain and everyone else in the world, becuase Spain was ranked #1. I saw the game, and I saw Spain dominating the entire game. Everytime Spain attacked, and the U.S. recovered the ball, 1 or 2 nads would run as fast as they could to catch the long pass. That's how you scored.

anyway, we need to invite good teams in a consistant basis. No team likes to be humiliated, so if they manage to bet concacaf teams, the teams from concacaf would get better. Until the teams of concacaf get so good that they can beat their B teams by 4-0, and then they'll be afraid of the humiliation and bring their A squads, which would continue to raise the level of competition.

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think it would be great to get SA teams on here but i doubt they will send the best because if so then we can see if concaca is rigged.

20. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    For the record, im a Spanish fan, i just brought that up cause you said and i QUOTE "Bottom line, alot of the teams in the gold cup suck"

Sure the level that we want to see is not shown at these Gold Cups cause most teams bring their B teams, guess what, if we invite Peru, Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia. Do you think they going to bring their A team, hell no, they going to bring alot of young players and maybe 1 or 2 good players. If you think thats going to make our competition better than we're in trouble. Do some research my friend, none of the SA teams that has played the Gold Cup have won the Cup, that should tell you that we're very competitive right, right :rolleyes:

21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think only Columbia brought their A team once and Papi molested them.

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    To me it would be a great idea if we get rid of the Gold Cup and Cup America n just make it "ACC - American Continent Cup it would be something similar to the UEFA cup. But the groups would be divided in two cause of the much traveling that teams would endure. I'll say the best 4 of Central America including the caribbean and the best 4 of SA. What u guys think??

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so that Brasil wins it all the time???

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    you never know, usually Concacaf teams play harder when they play SA teams

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Let's reflect on the topic lads, ok so lets say we invite Argentina n Brazil, ok. Competition starts, alot of teams are getting beat badly, Nicaragua looses against Brazil 10-0. Panama looses against Argentina 8-0. How is this going to better the competition in Concacaf. Most of you are not seeing the big picture, see in order to the whole region to compete at a level that everyone wants, a lot of $$ and organization needs to start first within each Concacaf country. For example, invest in the young, prepare them well, have them play in each professional league of each country. That's when you start seeing changes, if thats not happening in most of these poor countries, is going to take a long time for each country to have a process. That my friends is a min of reflection and looking at the reality of our region.