Should we delete this sub-forum?

Discussion in 'La Norte' started by LN - Dougg, Jul 23, 2010.

1. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Last post was May 7...

I mean we are not using it like it should be, and the last time it was really active was when I was posting (not to toot my own vuvuzela) and even those hardly got responses. (though BS is not blocked at work any more, so I could start posting again)

Let's face it, La Norte has never been forum friendly, and the few guys who used it quite a bit were only about 10 and 2 ended up getting banned, lol

It seemed like a good idea when we were first asked, and it was good for a couple of years but now it's just collecting dust...

Thoughts?

2. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    Maybe make it an "all other groups sub forum"? la notre/district ultras/echa panza/are there any other groups?

When you look at the other sub-forums, the Eagles board isn't exactly grand central station and the Barra board has far fewer postings than it did a few years ago. I think most people communicate on Facebook/Twitter instead.

3. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm happy to make whatever changes you want - but I would be sad to see this forum go.

Just MHO.

4. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would want to see a La Norte BS head count before really deciding one way or the other.

5. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that there's only about 4 or 5 of us who even go onto BigSoccer anymore. Even I'm not on it that much anymore. I didn't know that people got banned.

6. Frog Boy

Frog Boy Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    I think this is a good idea.

7. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I have no opinion either way. I'm just posting because Shawn12011 ordered a La Norte headcount.

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you might want to retain just as a place to post club announcements/news (basically what the SE forum is used for for these days). If you posting elsewhere, link here and drive traffic.

K

9. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    What's echa panza? Good idea, but I think you hit the nail right in the head (see bold)

Thanks, me too Riz.

Well the two that got banned was cuz they were, let's just say... "very passionate about their opinions." :D

.. and here is part of the problem.

This sound like the way to go..

To me it's all 'trends' I remember when having a MySpace page was cool.. We created one but with MySpace dying out, so has that page, thoug it still exist... Then came this forum.. and it was hot for a while and then it too has died out.. (also our blog) Facebook is where is at right now, and that is where we are posting things and getting some good traffic.

Thanks for the suggestions/opinions.. hopefully we'll get more feedback.

10. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

Don't tell me about the past Mr. IT Man. Tell me about the future. I want to know what the next hot internet thing is going to be so I can take my non-existent money & invest it. :)

11. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Twitter...

.. oh.. wait... ;)

12. Debug123

Debug123 New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I am down for keeping it active, the activity is low because our member count is low. Wish there was a way to increase our numbers. Our next member in LA NORTE should be a Marketing Guru who can make LA NORTE bigger than Facebook.lol

13. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

Once we do this can we then violate people's privacy & sell their personal information. :D

14. Debug123

Debug123 New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    That too!!