Should the portuguese support the Major League Soccer

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think they need the portuguese support. Example is show on bigsoccer. somebody started a thread to talk about a game played last night, and was change to the MLS forum where no portuguese going to give a damn.
    When is Huss and the main moderators going to realize if a person of a particular country wants to have a opinion in there site, they should.
    Its a disgrace the supporters of the portuguese forum deserve better.

1 person likes this.
  2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I been a supporter of american soccer for years, and this actions just turn me off.
    Does anybody else feel's that way.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I read the article the Revs Sucks and I agree, its a disgrace. Also we have the right to speak about the Mls, and A-League teams, special in the portuguese communities, of New England, Metrostars, San Jose, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Montreal and Toronto. We have the right to say what we think about this teams, like me some of the portuguese support there local teams. By has talking maybe we can get more supporters to go to the games.

4. nas2nj

nas2nj New Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Newark, NJ
    I agree with Frank 100%.
    And if you take a look at the Revs Suck Forum, I made a comment to the Moderator about this.

It is wrong.

We should be able in our forum to speak about anything we want as long as it's clean.

There are plenty of Portuguese in Mass. and Rhode Island, so they have the right to be pissed off and write about this.

Alot of Portuguese probably support the Revs and go see the games, and they are just tired of the BS.

Alot of us in this Portugal Forum are Portuguese American living in the US and we should have the right to have anything in our Forum.

WE SHOULD SUPPORT AMERICAN SOCCER!!!
    It is our future AND NEVER FORGET WHERE WE CAME FROM!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a non Portugese, I would agree that BSB moderators are a little to anal about what goes in what forum.

James

1 person likes this.
  6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Agree
    Let's not forget the portuguese supporters in the A League Boston, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Toronto and Montreal.
    Montreal vs Hampton Roads last night had a better crowd then Kansas City vs Metrostars 7,200 also Rochester had a better crowd.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Francisco Marcos the grandfather of USL Leagues was born in Portugal and Sporting fan. He had the vision to do something and he did. A-League, 3RD division, Premier, Youth, Womens league, we shall never forget who was the starter.
    He always been a partner and supporter of the MLS.
    He call it the pyramid

8. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    2 weeks ago i went to see the Vancouver whitecaps play Toronto(A-leugue Game), and two thirds of the crowd where portugeuse Canadien. You can tell by all the figo, rui costa, pauleta, joao pinto and Sergio Conceicao jerseys in the crowd

Even though im not part american i still support Frank 100%

1 person likes this.
  9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    ESPN made a big mistake when Donovan scored in the 65m of play in the game vs Mexico, he joined teamate Brian McBride at the first american to score twice, in one World Cup since Bert Patenude turned the trick back in 1930.
    But was mistake Bert Patenude in that inaugural event, turned in a performance for the ages, one that's withstood the test of time. He scored all three goals in a 3-0 US win over Paraguay.
    That hat trick still stands as a Cup record, although it has been equaled.

Some history for you guys

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Billy Gonsalves many consider better then Pele, played for the USA, was born in Azores, many of the best team in the early 1920's had a portuguese flavor main from the Azores Islands.

11. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    If anyone wants to the discuss the league or get MLS news it's only a few clicks away.

I think the mods are moving your threads on MLS because they don't belong here. Just imagine if everybody posted randomly. The whole site would be disorganized and be a nuisance to use.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Going back to Patenaude he was born in Massachusetts played center forward, helped lead the USA to its best ever World Cup finish in 1930, where it took third place ahead of fellow semi-finalist Yugoslavia by virtue of allowing one less goal. No third match was held in the inauguaral tournament.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Capellari
    Moderators are going to get some portuguese mad and moved theme to some other sites like they did it with some Mexicans.

We been treat you with respect don't get as upset.

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Patenaude begun his American Soccer League career with Philadelphia in 1928, and went to play for J'P Coats
    Fall River Marksmen
    Newark Americans
    New York Yankees
    New York Giants
    He scored 114 goals in 158 league matches between 1928 and 1931 in the ASL.
    He won the US Open Cup in 1930 and 1931 with Fall River and scored five goals in the first leg of the 1931 final against Chicago. He won a third Open Cup St. Louis.
    He was included in the US National Soccer Hall of Fame in 1971.

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Cappellari you know the portuguese forum was for the portuguese to post, why have it?
    We have one of the clean forum's around.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    To me Billy Gonsalves was the best player ever? including the players of today, We would put players like Ronaldo, Figo and Zidane on his pocket.
    If you don't know Bill Gonsalves, its time you americans should know.

17. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Frank--the Portugal forum is for talk about football in Portugal (domestic), the national team, or Portuguese players who are abroad (Figo, etc).

It is not specifically for Portuguese users to post about anything. If someone wants to post about the Revolution, they need to do it in the Revolution forum.

Thank you for using Big Soccer.

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    So if we starter a thread Portuguese Revs sucks its Ok.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I would like to talk to Huss Mano to Mano if its is answer.

20. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    But Frank, don't you understand why threads are moved if they are not on-topic?

It's the whole reason for having seperate forums. Otherwise BigSoccer might as well just be a huge general soccer chat.

BTW, I'm not at all upset. You were asking why and I was just trying to explain to you what they have moderators for.

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I think I should be a moderator, in the Portuguese Forum, Some forum's have 6 to ten moderators, we need one to present most of the time. To fight for my people.

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    If you were talking about a Portuguese player then it would be OK (like Semedo for example, although he has since been released).

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    If I was a moderator I would change a few things, about some stupid rules.
    I don't have a yellow anymore. Remember?

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I don't think mods can change any rules. If you want you could make a suggestion in the Suggestions & Announcements forum.

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't make suggestions, so they go on file 13,
    I would talk Mano to Mano with anybody if they want my suggestion.
    File 13 in the service its the garbage can.