Should Soccer be banned in Rome?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by madhoman, Sep 16, 2004.

1. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank

Is it the topic thats worthless, or the brainless posts that are worthless?

Because correct me if I'm wrong, but this topic of what is going on in Italian football is a pretty important one right now.

2. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank
    That's okay, Milan did experience some of Rome's violence though...

That following May, Dida (GK from Milan) was nailed on the field with firecrackers thrown by Roma fans.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Ban them from all competition for 5 years, then let them back in on a parole basis. If it happens again with any Italian club....ban the whole league for life.... Damned disgrace all of them.

And make them cut and wash their hair.

What!... this isn't the rivalries board.........Never mind!!!!!!!!

4. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    AS Roma have shown a pattern of fan misconduct, between the riot at the derby, the Dida incident and now this, AS Roma should be forciably expelled from all pro comps and rendered insolvent.

5. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insolvent? They should be rendnered unable to meet financial obligations?

6. Arsenal_fanUK

Arsenal_fanUK New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Russia
    What a load of sh1t

now way, but they have been made to play the next two games in closed doors.

7. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    no, they just lost their temper, they should be heavily fined, that's all :)

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Apart from the lazio/roma derby the problems with Roma fans aren't that much bigger than at a lot of other clubs throughout Europe at the moment. If we take history into account as well, Roma's hardcore element is truly nothing but another brick in a very large wall.

I have no idea why anyone would come up with this topic.

BTW... it seems to me that Italian police are a bit clumsy as well. Badly organized and simply too much little boys who don't stand a chance. It might help to organize a more effective police force and a more effective registration system for visiting fans. As far as I know Italy is way behind the rest of Europe when it comes to anti-hooligan measures.

9. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    coming from an english fan. imagine that.

10. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    I bet that the people who voted yes are the Milan, Juventus, and Inter fans.:p

11. philly_boy

philly_boy New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    philly
    philly fans are the worst by far in america we do to ten times worse every games and the thing that would hurt us the most for are actions would be for the games to be played in an empty stadium because there is know 12th man which is like playing home if the fans screw up then punish the fans like they did to totti for his actions @ euro 04