Should Pekerman continue?

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by pibe10, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Should Pekerman continue until the end of the qualifiers ?

1. YES - We need to let him finish the competition

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. NO - We shouldn't jeopardize our qualification

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I opened this poll because I'm really curious to see what everyone here thinks, so I'll appreciate if you'll participate.

I for example, think that we should let Pekerman finish the tournament. I'm not talking about doing him a favor for all the good things he brought us. I think he knows how much Colombia loves him and thank him. But in the last two years our game stuck. You don't see Pekerman's strategy, you see weird lineups, weird decisions, weird subs...A wonderful generation of players is about to be out of the World Cup and it's tempting to replace him after we saw how good the change did to Brazil.

BUT...First, we do not have anyone qualify for the job right now. After Pekerman I really like to see Rueda even though it'll hurt my Nacional or another top South American coach. Other then that, we do not have anyone that I can point and say that he's a better option then Pekerman.

Second, with all the panic, we are still in the race, big time and depending on ourselves. We are only two points behind third place and we have three home matches - two against comfortable opponents plus three away games - two against comfortable opponents. With the other fixtures, and if nothing goes wrong, we will be in Russia.

However, I do agree that Pekerman has 4 months to think carefully how he will get us out of this situation. And he surely capable. He needs to be more involve, to press on the FCF to get us several friendlies in order to build a REGULAR team with less changing who will be ready to play 6 final matches. And most important, he must drop the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 and return the 4-2-2-2 which worked so well in the last qualifiers.

Your opinions?

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks Pekerman 2012-2014 was a magical time to be a Colombia fan. Now I am hoping you smack a woman to get fired. Would like if he stayed as a director and was part of our Federation or did something with the youth team but our actual coach his time is up. 2 years is way way too long for a team to play bad.

With our roster we should be much more offensive. We play like Italy and it's annoying. We should be playing more like Chile. Fine you will score on us 2-3 times but we are going to light you up 4-5 goals.

Under Pekerman we just don't have drive or ambition. We score a early goal try to hold it and pray for 60+ minutes like at Copa America and Uruguay.

His substitutions are mind blowing. Or insanely late

He never wants to play fking friendlies!!! It's your job to have these guys play. So do it!!

I want him gone but it's not a level of hate like Pinto,Bolillo or Lara. The team just not functioning any more with him in charge.

Bielsa or Rueda would be awesome. Or a blank check to Chiles other former coach to come. I like Rueda the most because what he done with weaker NTs knows our players and how Nacional is currently playing. Would like him to also be in charge of our youth teams as well

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

well said!

4. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I voted no.

In my opinion, its not all Pekerman's fault. For every odd move that doesn't work out, there's been cases where it does work. Our players just aren't performing. People on this forum want change but they want to go back to an older generation. Pekerman keeps introducing younger players, which will help our future. Might not help us immediately.

It was always known qualifying in SA was going to be a battle. We aren't dead yet. It doesn't matter who is the coach if the players don't perform like they should be.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He needs to drop Carlos Sanchez or work with him
    For the next 2-4 months to pass the ball. Or teach Balanta to play DM. We need to have offensive DMs that know what to do with the ball.

Blaming the players for 2 shit years when he picks the squad!!!! Come on maybe it's not 80% Pekermans fault but it's at least 60%

Copa America Chile he had half a team of muertos who never played for their clubs or coming from injury. He played new Lbs all friendlies to just go back to Armero.

Last 4 games. Fine 1st 2 no James because of Injury and no Cuadrado(not irreplacable but his formation and starting line up cost us the 3 points)because of yellows then no Mina/Murillo(why didn't he call up more CBs or LB after the Chile game that is 1 billion percent coaches fault)

6. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would if we could get somebody like Sabella, but realistically we could probably only get Rueda. Rueda has been amazing for Nacional. He may have improved as a manager because it's the first time he has serious time with a club.

Pekerman is a great manager but I'm worried it's like Klopp's last season at Dortmund. He might not get the team playing well and getting results again.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He should continue. Youguys are getting ridiculous. Bench James, fire Pekerman, get rid of Baca and Falcao, etc.

ryu79, Doogs, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People who say yes he should stay give valid reasoning behind it.

Do you not agree that we have played like shit since the WC ended?

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes and Pekerman has made some poor decisions, but let's get real. There are several reasons for the fall since 2014

- We had Falcao, Teo, Bacca, Jackson all in great form back then.
    - James being on the bench at Madrid
    - Cuadrado has stagnated
    - We have not been able to replace Zuniga and Armero
    - We have not been able to replace Abel or Aldo Leao
    - Yepes' leadership is gone

Should I continue? We can huff and puff or, in your case, bitch and whine, but that a truly special time for our NT and we've taken a step back. The Borjas, Barrios, Berrio, Copetes, Balantas of the world are well short of what we had back then. But sure, let's just blame Pekerman for our generational regression

MiLo4891, pibe10, villus and 4 others repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Este man es como farid Mondragón en win sports . Nunca dice un contenido

jay luis and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i've been avoiding the forum on purpose because of this ^

so boring to read this everytime we lose a game.

pepinointer, dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not just that but he's also ushering in a new generation right now. All in the middle of the competition which makes it even tougher. He's had to make some tough calls, sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. I'd rather have him here right now than one of the clueless colombian managers.

To me its common sense that we were going to struggle a bit so im not surprised. Despite that we really aren't doing that bad.

pepinointer, dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd thinks we can score 4 or 5 goals a game :ROFLMAO:

Then people wonder why pepino goes ballistic on him

dirtysanchez, Doogs, pepinointer and 2 others repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is an stupid over generalization. We have had good games, mediocre games and bad games. What is the record this year in official matches? 8W -3D -4L. That is 27 points out of 45 or 60%.

Yeah, there was a dip of form but all teams in Conmebol go through it: Brasil, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, all have gone through several matches with bad results. The only one that changed coaches was Brasil because Dunga failed horribly at Centenario, but all 4 teams bounced back.

We have a somewhat favorable calendar, facing two weak teams and two teams that might be eliminated by the time we play them. Now is a matter of winning those 4 games and drawing Ecuador, which might be difficult but is feasible.

Please just stop with the drama. It is uncalled for.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, he does in The X box... Duuh..

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i don't want to speak on his behalf, but i don't think CRZD thinks that we can score 4-5 goals a game. but i do think our goal tally should be higher. currently, we have 15 goals in WCQ. we should have +20 goals by now given the firepower we have in our midfield and forwards.

rather than playing to win 1-0; we need to be in a position to put teams away when opportunity is there. Prime examples: '16 copa america: we almost gave Paraguay a chance to tie us despite us having a 11-10 player advantage; the peru game never should have gone to penalties - i was at this game live and Bacca was a nightmare....

I voted Yes in the poll, b/c the "plane has yet to crash" and i feel the difficulties our team has faced in 2015/2016 will somehow help us come world cup time and i feel that pekerman still has gas in the tank. but he does need to sharpen his pencil and revisit game tactics and timing of subs.

pipino nor anyone else should go ballistic on him despite his extreme views. i am willing to bet pipino still calls me names or nitpicks at every post i make, which is why i have him on block and it's been great to not have to read his posts.

if you guys don't like crzd's posts, block him - simple as that. personally i think he brings up some legit points and it gets the wheel in our heads moving. sometimes he goes a little far, but i think some of his thoughts are on the right track. the intensity of some of his posts have a tendency to be at a 10 when being at a 7 can still be effective.

Teams with less goals than Colombia in WCQ:
    Venezeula - 14
    Argentina - 14 (they have a world of problems internally, which is a reminder for all to keep perspective)
    Paraguay - 11
    Bolivia - 10

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

pepinointer, dapip and jay luis repped this.
  18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @J-Mezzy LOL - fine if he truly believes that then god bless him. i'm not going to fight his battle for him. overall point is that Pekerman needs to improve on various aspects of the NT; as do the players themselves.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't own a console and I exaggerate. I was kidding about the score line. I just prefer with our attacking options for us to be more aggressive. They can score 10 on you but you score 11 and you win.

No the excuse of no Falcao or Zuniga I do not accept. How many Colombians are there? 50 million. It's been 2-3 years. How long are you guys going to wait for Zuniga? Falcao finally back but he plays a retarded formation against Argentina where a slow ass player needs to run 30 yards by himself to try to score and beat 3 defenders. It's what former Colombian coaches did and you would all go insane about.

Who are the South American club champs? Both of the clubs are from Colombia sporting mostly Colombian players. We have depth him not using it is his problem. Again players missing excuse both these games why didn't he call more CBs when he lost his starters?

Ecuador, Paraguay do way more then us with much less. Peru even. They at least attack. We also show no balls against "historic teams". We play to not lose or with fear.

Pekerman took us as far as he could even if we qualify we will not take that next step and actually start winning shit under him.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There are 1.5 billion Chinese and 1.3 billion Indians. Uruguay has less than 4 million and the Netherlands like 7 million. Your point?

jay luis, pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    10 millions of portuguese, 80 millions of germans, 66 millions of french....who won the euro???

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Iceland has less than 300k and made the quarterfinals .

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #23 pepinointer, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Parece que el dicurso del malatratador de jugadores, enterenadores..........que no puede analizar un resultado con cabeza fria, mirando un contexto.............es el aceptable en el foro...................tanto tiempo aqui tratando de hablar de futbol de una optica diferente a cualquier otro lado. por que aca a diferencia de otros espacios se mira la trayectoria de los jugadores con un segumiento regular, se hace un buen analisis comparativos, hay seguimiento se trata de mirar que parte especifica no funciona.

Pero de un tiempo por aca gracias al gran crzd, esto se volvio un vlog de futbolred o blog de desadapatados de facebook. que piden que banquean a james, que agradecen a dios por que un arquero extranjero fue baleado , que le desean la muerte a falcao.......o falta el otro forista. que su analiasis se basa ES que vamos bien por que ganamos, es que vamos mal por que perdimos....y ese es el super analisis como del furnaccio. que para ser victima es buenisimo.

Pero bueno los mods espcialmente @ryu79 permiten ese discurso, sobre el que antes tenia el foro.

Lo obvio es que colombia esta jugando evidente mal...eso no es un secreto.........pero miran las cosas que estan diciendo?? se esta llegando a un dialogo??? se esta haciendo un diagnsotico real???

Antes perdiamos y este foro era un escape para hablar con alguien racional de lo que paso, y de mirar que opciones podian mejorar. Ahora ya ni analizan a la previa los partidos.............los comentarios que se encuentran espcialmente son los de crzd y otros bufones. diciendo lo mismo que en redes sociales, maltratando ,.ridiculizando............nisiquiera se da la oprtunidad de leer al otro. NO importa que uno fundamente la respuesta por la que dice que el interlocutor esta equivocado, el sigue repetiendo como loro su idea, ignorando la respuesta solo por que

Hasta la otra vez empezaron a matonear a unos forsitas argentinos que siempre nos han contribuido........por que dijo un comentario que no le gusto al rey del foro crzd.

En serio mods. miren en lo que se ha convertido el foro.....hasta en el de conmebol se habla mas de futbol que aqui

J-Mezzy, Doogs and jay luis repped this.
  24. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this

pepinointer repped this.
  25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he should stay. That said, he benefited from prob the best run of form individual players had had on the NT in a long while during the last qualifiers and has suffered mightily with the drop in form ever since.

I credit Pekerman for guiding the WC campaign without Falcao, but its tough when the guys who stepped up for Falcao in that instance have themselves suffered set backs (James' struggles with Zidane, Armero and Zuniga dissappearing, etc.), your pipeline prefers to perform reggaeton (JFQ) and your emotional captain retires.

I also think we have had a run of difficult games in the schedule. Now we need to win out in the games we are supposed to and I think the players believe in Pekerman even more than we do.

Doogs repped this.