Should Martin Taylor be banned for Life for his Shocking Tackle on Eduardo

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Melbourne Croatia, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Would saying Haaland is ******** and I would have done exactly the same suffice?

Although your need to deflect attention away from Cole and Chelsea is rather amusing.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now you're just spewing. It isn't a matter of Haaland being shit, you as always hilariously claim that the foul was a red card despite the fact Cole was going for the ball. The fact that you think Chelsea or any other club should get a red card for offenses like that shows how tinted those glasses are. Stay on topic, you're wussing out as usual.

3. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Whether he was going for the ball or not is irrelevent. Under Law 12, any tackle which endangers the safety of an opponent is sanctioned as Serious Foul Play and warrants a red card. There is no way that anyone can say that Cole's tackle did not put Hutton at the risk of injury and so it should have been red.

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cole's 'tackle' was a clear red card. Disgusting that he was only given a yellow, which rather conveniently the FA are also saying means they won't take further action, also conveniently Riley left out the Chelski player's behaviour out of his report. It's a farce.

5. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am United through an through and Keane is one of my faviroties all time but he should have been given a lengthy ban. I am talking like a year ban or even life. The case for it is there.

Just goes to show the FA are idiots!

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You should see United when Keane was there. :D

I remember JT grabbing the ref's hand once when he was going to give a card.

But, all clubs do it. I thkn the Big Four are more guilty of it than others but they all do it. And certainly when the Big Four does od it, it gets played out more in the media.

I too, think that this is something that needs to be stamped out of the game. Curously, I wonder whatthe role ofthe FA is (and other giverneing bodies) They dont protect the players. Apparently you can go out there and castrate a player and nothing happens, you can assault the ref. Refs are not protect neither are players...............

7. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I haven't seen a player charge at the ref as much as John Terry, since the days of Roy Keane.

8. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    What I don't get is that they don't get yelow cards for charging at the ref from miles away, yet if the keeper runs up to the ref he gets an instant yellow. All I want is a bit of consistancy, Bolton players always get sent off for swearing yet other players get away with it often. Rooney and Gerrard are practicaly untouchable.

9. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Yes, the reffing this year has been completely rubbish. Masch's yellows were both lame and non cards. He calmly walked up to Bennett and said a few words. There were other worse tirades by players without a yellow. Bennett should be fined and maybe tossed to division 2 for a couple of weeks. Masch should have the red revoked.

West Ham v Everton. Yak scores a second goal, obviously onside and its called offside. Crap call and the game end in a tie.

Clattenberg has been really bad this year too. Some aweful calls lately.
    Wiley is the only one I can respect this year.

10. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Gotta agree here. I saw the tackle live and replayed many times. I thought it was very innocuous. I was pissed at Eduardo for 'faking' and thought it was legit 50/50.

Just bad luck for Eduardo. The red was not even deserved. He went for ball and got some of Eduardo and the ball. Not a dangerous tackle, no intent.... no red warrented.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's review the tape of Mascherano not telling Bennett to ******** off all game before the 2nd yellow...

[youtube]8YQSmkB5XWg[/youtube]

:rolleyes:

12. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

and how many times has rooney done that and not been punished:rolleyes:

13. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    How many times has Rooney done that since it was clear it was going to be stamped out? It's just a pity that Mascherano is clearly an idiot.

14. fjordball

fjordball New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Surely the only thing that makes sense is to punish people according to what they did, not the consequences of what they did?

..and if we're going to do that, any calls for Taylor to be banned are moronic, as we see tackles like that every week.

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wonder what the 'ban Taylor for life' brigade will make of Diaby's challenge against Steinsson today?

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Indeed. Should be interesting...

17. fjordball

fjordball New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wenger felt it wasn't an aggressive tackle rofl

You've gotta laugh haven't you?

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    At least he was able to comment on it. Would have been laughable had he missed it considering it happened right under his nose. One of the guys who interviewed him said as much. :p

19. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Most of the life ban calls came from the laughable arsenal-america fan boys.
    They even wanted to have a charity collection for eduardo .A guy who earns about 50k a week.

Maybe they can have a candle lit ceremony for steinsson .maybe call up blatter to see if they can get diaby a longer match ban.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    anyone have the video of the tackle?

21. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    No outrage? Although Wenger didn't think it was that bad, funnily enough, and bleat about it so it must be ok:rolleyes:

22. gottfried

gottfried New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Dude,look at the first post, search before you ask. The video is everywhere!

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    what post?:confused: If I had the time to search for it when I posted, I would have. Don't be a dick newbie.

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's talking about the Diaby tackle newb.